North-South prices

Not always . Look at the one in Stratford.. still grab pint for under £2
Obviously not always the price, it varies. They've just quoted a selection to highlight the price. You can get a pint for around 2 quid in most spoons in the country if you like bud light.

I found the £19 a bit hard to believe. Looking it up though that is the price. £6.50 for one hour £19 for 3 and £35 for 8 hours.
They're also introducing parking leveys for companies that have more than 10 spaces. One school is going to have to pay £22,000 a year which they will pass on to staff. People are struggling to pay bills in the current climate but still they want more off you.
Car parking is ridiculous.

I have to pay £16 a day for a builder doing some work on a place. If I don't preorder the permit it's £4 an hour minimum

It's worth getting an electric in London as you get discounted parking. It's often a quarter of the nornal price . ( For now)
Obviously not always the price it varies. They've just quoted a selection to highlight the price. You can get a pint for around 2 quid in most spoons in the country if you like bud light.
Not in central London ones . City and West end cheapest in a spoons will be closer to the £5 mark

Car parking is ridiculous.

I have to pay £16 a day for a builder doing some work on a place. If I don't preorder the permit it's £4 an hour minimum

It's worth getting an electric in London as you get discounted parking. It's often a quarter of the nornal price . ( For now)

Not in central London ones . City and West end cheapest in a spoons will be closer to the £5 mark
The centre of Sunderland is less than half that. Which is what they found on that link I posted.

The gap has definitely shortened in my experience. Obviously depends what sort of places you go but the prices in even some estate bars in the likes of Washington are London prices of a few years ago, while when I’m in London I feel like the prices haven’t climbed as steeply and quickly as up home.
I paid £6.50 for a pint of Neckoil in the Cherry Tree in Washington last time I was down visiting the parents. Kept the glass though, so that softened the blow.
£19 for 3 hours parking at Oxford.
£12.80 for 2 hours in Glasgow City Centre (max stay). @Epping

Last edited:
I paid £6.50 for a pint of Neckoil in the Cherry Tree in Washington last time I was down visiting the parents. Kept the glass though, so that softened the blow.

£12.80 for 2 hours in Glasgow City Centre (max stay). @Epping
Cherry Tree has always been one of mine and the lads haunts since we were of drinking age, although we don’t get in much now, tend to go in Champs more. But that’s a scandalous price for a pint in there mind. I’d begrudge paying that in city centre bars, nevermind a pub in a residential area of Washy. Champs is worse price wise like generally speaking even though I’ve never paid £6.50 for a pint in there before, but you’re lucky to get something under a fiver now even your standard beers.

I found the £19 a bit hard to believe. Looking it up though that is the price. £6.50 for one hour £19 for 3 and £35 for 8 hours.
They're also introducing parking leveys for companies that have more than 10 spaces. One school is going to have to pay £22,000 a year which they will pass on to staff. People are struggling to pay bills in the current climate but still they want more off you.

Costs me £5 by train thus no brainer.
Went for a few pints yesterday with a few old Mates. Some decent pubs and not one piss stain football top on show.

Back