No turning back now ....... It's our turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nervous since yesterday and done everything to take my mind off football today.
Whatever the outcome it's been a fantastic season. Only missed 6 games home and away and one of the better seasons.
Had a prolapsed disc since early January and remember Sheffield United away at the beginning of the year lying on the back row at halftime taking painkillers, remember Boxing day at Walsall in the snow, remember everything to be honest and loved the hugs, laughter and the adventures with both my boys.
120 mile round trip to every home game has been a challenge with the back but as I told the physio I have only made emergency journeys apart from work :)
The good news it is getting better albeit slowly.

Disappointed with Wembley, the fact that they didn't release the cheap tickets to Swindon, stupid kick off time and rail maintenance with no trains from Swindon.
First time we haven't sold out, just over 22,000 tickets sold and now we hear cheaper tickets are available on the day. PNE similar sales at least the crowds evenly matched.
Fallen out with some of our lot not wanting to go, but with an average of less than 8,000 we are not a big club therefore time to move on and at least those going will get behind the lads.
Should have reached 30,000, we have every other time. Plastic lot our lot, respect to Boro for example selling out in a day and wanting more.
The fifth time for me watching Swindon at Wembley so can't really complain as some clubs never have the opportunity.

Before I go it's easy to tell you how I am feeling right now, you have made me welcome on this board (well some of you), apologies if I piss you off at least it gives another dimension on what it's like following a lower league club. Loyalty like you and always have said total respect for Sunderland and the NE.
On Wiltshire radio tomorrow early Morning, "waking up as a Town fan apparently," have been doing this for a few years now and a chance to tell the locals to support their local club, it never works only texts from my mates giving me shit :)... Nothing beats the football banter.

So there you go this time tomorrow will it be another season in Div 1 and to be honest preparing myself for it because I remember how I felt the last time. Dare I believe ?
Not just now and what ever will be.
One thing for sure I am Swindon til I die and have my season ticket ready for another season.

As soon as I wake up I will get up, I want to savour the day, the atmosphere, the train journey but most of all my two boys and even the Mrs is making up the numbers.

Will smile at Hank's football kick off for Sunday but won't respond, So many on the SMB have made an impression on me, sharing the Saturday night outcome, the joy and the pain. It's what football supporters do.

Well it's our turn now........please Swindon do it for me, just a season in the Championship, it's not a lot to ask for, is it ?
Bit shit about the ticket sales there mate, seen it in the Adver the other day. Best of luck tomorrow, hope the bairns enjoy their day at Wembley too.

Bring my bet home you beauty!
Got Norwich, Swindon and Southend before the play offs started with a few other cup winners thrown in relying on your lads to do the business!

Nervous since yesterday and done everything to take my mind off football today.
Whatever the outcome it's been a fantastic season. Only missed 6 games home and away and one of the better seasons.
Had a prolapsed disc since early January and remember Sheffield United away at the beginning of the year lying on the back row at halftime taking painkillers, remember Boxing day at Walsall in the snow, remember everything to be honest and loved the hugs, laughter and the adventures with both my boys.
120 mile round trip to every home game has been a challenge with the back but as I told the physio I have only made emergency journeys apart from work :)
The good news it is getting better albeit slowly.

Disappointed with Wembley, the fact that they didn't release the cheap tickets to Swindon, stupid kick off time and rail maintenance with no trains from Swindon.
First time we haven't sold out, just over 22,000 tickets sold and now we hear cheaper tickets are available on the day. PNE similar sales at least the crowds evenly matched.
Fallen out with some of our lot not wanting to go, but with an average of less than 8,000 we are not a big club therefore time to move on and at least those going will get behind the lads.
Should have reached 30,000, we have every other time. Plastic lot our lot, respect to Boro for example selling out in a day and wanting more.
The fifth time for me watching Swindon at Wembley so can't really complain as some clubs never have the opportunity.

Before I go it's easy to tell you how I am feeling right now, you have made me welcome on this board (well some of you), apologies if I piss you off at least it gives another dimension on what it's like following a lower league club. Loyalty like you and always have said total respect for Sunderland and the NE.
On Wiltshire radio tomorrow early Morning, "waking up as a Town fan apparently," have been doing this for a few years now and a chance to tell the locals to support their local club, it never works only texts from my mates giving me shit :)... Nothing beats the football banter.

So there you go this time tomorrow will it be another season in Div 1 and to be honest preparing myself for it because I remember how I felt the last time. Dare I believe ?
Not just now and what ever will be.
One thing for sure I am Swindon til I die and have my season ticket ready for another season.

As soon as I wake up I will get up, I want to savour the day, the atmosphere, the train journey but most of all my two boys and even the Mrs is making up the numbers.

Will smile at Hank's football kick off for Sunday but won't respond, So many on the SMB have made an impression on me, sharing the Saturday night outcome, the joy and the pain. It's what football supporters do.

Well it's our turn now........please Swindon do it for me, just a season in the Championship, it's not a lot to ask for, is it ?

Good luck mate, but hopefully we aren't playing each other next season.

Ha'way Swindon, got a proper soft spot for them since having trials with them in 1991/2! Don't think I ever told you about the wonder goal I scored v Southampton

I remember the play off final versus Leicester and Swindon sold about 35,000 for that but that was for the Premiership and not the Championship.

Me and a mate went to Swindon and bought about 70 tickets and sold them at twice face value in Leicester. :lol:

It paid for a good few nights out. :lol:

I remember the play off final versus Leicester and Swindon sold about 35,000 for that but that was for the Premiership and not the Championship.

Me and a mate went to Swindon and bought about 70 tickets and sold them at twice face value in Leicester. :lol:

It paid for a good few nights out. :lol:
You're an even bigger wanker than I previously thought you were , scum ticket tout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back