No rock/metal show on the BBC radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

More to the point, why do people listen to the radio in 2016?

Because like wrestling, Heavy Metal is
for bairns, social misfits and virgins.

Shouldn't really be encouraged.
I know but that's for effete snobs who think that music has to play some other deep and meaningful bullshit role other than enjoying one 's self.
I used to love Tommy Vance's rock shows on Radio 1. His and John Peel's shows were the best things on Radio 1.

Didn't Alan Robson have a rock show on Metro on a Saturday night?
Indeed and it was all good back then but can the BBC get away with a rock guest spot when all we have to do is get onto Planet rock and the brilliant Alice Cooper? Also kerrang radio. Auntie Beeb would have to get a serious special guest dj to make that work and in these days of austerity I doubt they could justify it.

Why's that then? Bit annoying
Radio 1 playing wall to wall Eddie Goulding or rave.drug shit
Radio 2 bloody Mumford, Joe Whiney and Dermot O Dreary
6Music up its own arse with The Fall/Inspiral Carpets type stuff

no place for the world's favourite music even though they lap it up on the BBC4 documentaries cos the rockers lived the more interesting lives? Its so fake - they go on about Lemmy but you're not going to hear Motorhead on Steve Wright or whatever
:rolleyes:
Just another marker on the road to the end of the BBC. The luvvies have been giving it large on the gravy train but the old licence scam is going to go, sooner or later. They'll be forced to compete on a level playing field with other commercial MSM and not before time. Don't get me started on their Tory Propaganda Machine, aka BBC news. If I choose to pay Murdoch I know what I'm gonna get.

'Rainbow Rising' is another great album of the genre, 'Stargazer' is an astounding track. Rock music at it's finest!

Logon or register to see this image

If you like progressive rock King Crimson's 'In The Court Of The Crimson King' is a superb album.

The list of great albums in the genre is endless really.

Every single one of them is a classic, especially Rainbow....roll on June 25th Rainbow in Birmingham. Can`t wait.

no place for the world's favourite music even though they lap it up on the BBC4 documentaries cos the rockers lived the more interesting lives? Its so fake - they go on about Lemmy but you're not going to hear Motorhead on Steve Wright or whatever

But if you'd like Bhangra music the BBC is for you...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/asiannetwork

'Rainbow Rising' is another great album of the genre, 'Stargazer' is an astounding track. Rock music at it's finest!

If you like progressive rock King Crimson's 'In The Court Of The Crimson King' is a superb album.

The list of great albums in the genre is endless really.

Some classic albums there mate. At one point in my youth I used to play Rainbow Rising almost incessantly...."high noon oh I'd sell my soul for water"
Powerage was one of the first albums I ever bought and it still ranks as probably the best album they ever did imo.

More to the point, why do people listen to the radio in 2016?
Why not? There is at least one, if not two, radios on 24 hours a day here.

Why don't you put Planet Rock on then?

Why not? There is at least one, if not two, radios on 24 hours a day here.
Music Radio is never on in my house, occasionally Talksport or Radio 5 on a Saturday but that's it. If there's music on, it's from an online streaming service. Through playlists etc you get variety and still get to hear new music, but with much less chance of them playing something you don't like.

Loved the Scorpions earlier stuff this being my favourite Scorpions album.
Those early albums were really, really good. There's something about that German rock beat which is instantly recognizable and The Scorps, for my money always had the best drum and bass sound in rock - so punchy - and with Gandalf overlaying his Hendrix riiffary over the top of that....weeellll sweeeeet. The likes of Sails of Charon are still fresh as paint today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back