Niall Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville slams UTD all the time, Carragher lays into Liverpool but oh no our Quinny better not say anything about us! Ex players turned pundits/commentators tend to over compensate for any preconceived bias when discussing their old club. They all do it, and none of them have done what Quinn did for us. So leave the great man alone.

and as someone who is held i such high opnion he should not denigrate its by talking out his arse and generally fluffing the media loving mags.

SNQ did an awful loot for us, and was paid very well for a significant proportion of it.
however his conduct yesterday was slightly short of debasing himself

What did he say like?

Didn't see yesterday but do remember Quinn saying Colback had moved on to "bigger and better things" when he left. I started a thread on here and it got deleted after 10 pages with people going wild.

Don't know why he has to say things like that, I agree with the lad earlier in this thread..seems he is very bitter about the way things ended

He's just trying to be neutral as part of his job. Clearly loves the club though. And clearly deserves a lot of respect for the things he's done. And that's a massive understatement. Some f***ing sad, bitter, disrespectful ***** on here, and I'm glad to say they aren't the majority. By a long way.

Neville slams UTD all the time, Carragher lays into Liverpool but oh no our Quinny better not say anything about us! Ex players turned pundits/commentators tend to over compensate for any preconceived bias when discussing their old club. They all do it, and none of them have done what Quinn did for us. So leave the great man alone.
For me it's not that he says anything bad about us.
It's just that he's a really shit commentator.

Worst commentator in the world. That's including any sport imo.
He even said that Colocchinis foul on fletcher was a free kick to them :D.
Truly horrific commentator. Irrespective of what he's done for the club. He talks utter shite

Again, no one is saying it's wrong to disagree or mock what he says.
The issue is people spouting personal insults at the man , eg I hate him, He's a Twat. There's no need for that, it's disgracefully disrespectful.
This has been explained god knows how many times but your sort seem incapable of spotting a difference you could drive a bus through

If talking utter shite were a crime then you'd be hung!

After having received an honorary PhD from Pyongnam University in PR

I've now read quite a few supposed Sunderland fans on here calling him worse than shite, definitely more than sits comfortably (one calling him out is too many in my opinion).

It's a term bandied about far too much but the man is an absolute, bona fide SAFC legend, he's done more for this club than any of the ungrateful gobshites on here and on account of this, his love for the club I'm sure matches theirs' too.

He's paid by Sky to be neutral, his only fault is that in trying to do that he sometimes goes too far to compensate for his obvious allegiance to Sunderland. He can be criticised for this by all means but it has to be in context and for little shits to come on here saying he's a twat/tit/cunt is beyond the pale. Show some respect to a great man!

Well said mate - yes, like all of us, he sometimes talks bollocks, but that speech just after grays play off final penna miss was just so awe inspiring. Legend without a doubt and deserving of our undying love and respect.

Again, no one is saying it's wrong to disagree or mock what he says.
The issue is people spouting personal insults at the man , eg I hate him, He's a Twat. There's no need for that, it's disgracefully disrespectful.
This has been explained god knows how many times but your sort seem incapable of spotting a difference you could drive a bus through

After having received an honorary PhD from Pyongnam University in PR
Yes you have Des

Niall Quinn & SAFC:

1. He signed for us as a player and the signing was widely derided. It wasnt until however you saw him play that you realise what a grossly under rated player he was;
2. He gave his testimonial money charity, which frankly, set a tone. Unbelievable gesture;
3. He saw that the club was fucked, and persuaded RSM to sell the club to a consortium;
4. He had got the consortium together in a huge show of faith for the clubs potential;
5. He got a bit carried away and managed the club; but quickly realised that it wasnt for him;
6. He concentrated on the figurehead/chairman role, which he was ideally suited to;
7. He buried the hatchet with Keane, a big thing to do, given the history of their relationship.
8. He then spawned a very exciting time for the club;
9. When he saw that the arse was dropping out of the consortium he persuaded a billionaire to get interested;
10. That billionaire then became owner;
11. Quinny then got a bit disillusioned with the fans who, in his eyes, werent responding appropriately, and "despised" those that he thought werent playing the game. Heat of the moment stuff but didnt go down well;
12. This was in sharp contrast to those who he thought were playing the game and he/club paid their fares back to the NE when they were stranded after the Cardiff game;
13. Seemingly there was a bit of a battle at the top and Quinny decided that enough was enough and he left for pastures new;
14. We can look back on him being the only person in the clubs history to; play, captain, manage and chair the club;
15. A canny achievement in the history of SAFC.

His commentary yesterday was slightly bizarre IMHO. Nee need to suck up to the Skunks. Given the above though I'm able to place it in context.

Post of the thread for me, but I'd add:
16. Bought shit flat caps.

Didn't see yesterday but do remember Quinn saying Colback had moved on to "bigger and better things" when he left. I started a thread on here and it got deleted after 10 pages with people going wild.

Don't know why he has to say things like that, I agree with the lad earlier in this thread..seems he is very bitter about the way things ended
He has from his point of view.

So we aren't allow to criticise Quinn's commentary just because he saved us 8 years ago? Has the SMB become a Stalin state? What you are suggesting is that is no-one is allowed freedom of speech and that is far more pathetic & dangerous than criticising Quinn over an awful commentary.

Course you can criticise his commentary, I personally believe it's shit. But I couldn't give a fuck really, he's still a god to us and saved us and I'll be forever grateful.

The problem on here those people who are kicking off and and spouting bile about because of one slight (and barely a slight at that, it doesn't matter one f***ing not except to petty, bitter, stupid football fans). Pathetic, spoilt and utterly disgraceful

Having watched the match through again I'm wondering if he was on a wind up, some of the superlatives he was using about Colbacks free-kicks and tackling were beyond ridiculous.

Whatever, I wouldn't let his punditry and commentating over-ride the respect he earned for his performances and behaviour in the previous 15 years or so

Having watched the match through again I'm wondering if he was on a wind up, some of the superlatives he was using about Colbacks free-kicks and tackling were beyond ridiculous.

Whatever, I wouldn't let his punditry and commentating over-ride the respect he earned for his performances and behaviour in the previous 15 years or so
He probably has a fair amount of affection for colback, he has probably known him since he was a young lad.

I've now read quite a few supposed Sunderland fans on here calling him worse than shite, definitely more than sits comfortably (one calling him out is too many in my opinion).

It's a term bandied about far too much but the man is an absolute, bona fide SAFC legend, he's done more for this club than any of the ungrateful gobshites on here and on account of this, his love for the club I'm sure matches theirs' too.

He's paid by Sky to be neutral, his only fault is that in trying to do that he sometimes goes too far to compensate for his obvious allegiance to Sunderland. He can be criticised for this by all means but it has to be in context and for little shits to come on here saying he's a twat/tit/cunt is beyond the pale. Show some respect to a great man!
Short memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back