Niall Quinn Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niall, not only were you a class footballer, but also a great man. If ever the word 'gentleman' applied to anyone, its you.

We all recognise Nial's qualities on the field. Looking to the future he doesn't want to be involved in coaching but loves the Club.

Surely there is a job to be done in selling Sunderland to the world, as ManU have done so successfully. There would be no better amassador than Nial. Honest, articulate and with a real appreciation of the real world. Go on Nial, make my day.

big guy
big heart
given me many memories

one for the record books, which player gave a million pounds to charity AND gave a car away on the day he retired.........there can be only one
NIALL QUINN

a true gent
best wishes

Big thanks from me Quinny - you're a great footballer and an allround no.1 ace guy. there's a lump in my throat as I type this - I will always remember you and I hope you stay around in some capacity. Whatever the future brings, there will always be a bit of Sunderland in you and a bit of you in us, and I hope you and your family will be happy always.

Wishing you every success in the Future Niall.

Thanks for everything, and don't be a stranger!!!!

You'll always be welcome in Sunderland....

Mighty Quinn

Thanks Niall for all the joy and success you have brought SAFC. Without you we wouldnt be where we are today. You made players like Phillips, Dichio, Kyle and Bridges into better players with your influence.

"You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn!"

thanks for everything niall.

your part in the Renaissance at SAFC was huge; your legacy will live on long after you've hung up those giant-sized boots.

Niall Quinn: safc legend. 8)

Top class big man, so many memories, from the start at Forest, that day at Selhirst Park, Wembley, the champagne promotion season, Bradford, and of course FTM 1 + 2. May your retirement be everything that you wish, we hope you stay local but if you do go back across the water don't be a stranger. There will always be a place in our hearts for you and a pint on the bar.

Had a tear in my eye today when the big man came on the pitch. All the best to you Disco, hope you train many winners in your future role. Also I'd like to commend you on your generosity, donating all your testimonial money to charity.

A true legend, good luck Niall.

Football will probrally never see, as a player, the like of Quinny again. In the modern game there are still a few old style centre forwards about, Dublin, Hartson for example, but big Naill was the best of the breed.

As for Niall Quinn the man, an absolute diamond.

Good Luck big fella.

Top player and a top man... All the best for your retirement, Quinny. Don't be a stranger.

Really just to add my 2-pennorth to what others have said so well.A rare man indeed from a vintage that is all too scarce these days.A footballer with heart,brains and balls.And no slouch in the bar either!

Thanks for the memories big man

Good luck Niall Quinn - he will almost certainly go down as a Sunderland legend. My favourite Quinn moment was when he scored v the Mags in 2000.

In a day when the game is filled with pretentious prima donnas earning far too much cash, Quinn has been a breath of fresh air.

Goodbye and all the very best Niall,

Garbs. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back