Newspaper delivery

anth

Winger
Does anyone know of a newsagents or other service who will delivery newspapers to an elderly couple on Newcastle Road?

My grandad is approaching 90 and has decided he’s decided it is time to give up driving. Like many of the older generation they have been getting newspapers daily for decades and we would rather they didn’t feel like they were missing out on anything more and thought to just get the newspapers delivered. Turns out, it’s not so easy.

We’ve tried shop on Atkinson Road, it’s too far, shops on Moreland Street and Croziers Street neither do deliveries. Sunderland echo do a subscription with various online stuff and a voucher to pick it up in a shop, which isn’t much use here.

I know newspapers are a bit of a relic, I certainly haven’t opened one up for many years, but for the older generation it’s just normal.

Can't think of any other than the ones you have mentioned won't/don't. Atkinson road one would have been the best bet I'd have thought. They've all turned in to tanning shops or delis or something now.

I tried a online ordering Company who deliver to various locations ( news Team Group I think)
Binned them after a few months. They were useless. Often papers didn't arrive, supplements but no main paper or the opposite.
Remember ringing them and they suggested I contact News International direct for missing copies of ST supplements.

Still not found a local newsagent that delivers and have to pop onto local Co Op for papers each Saturday and Sunday

Does your grandad have any neiighbours that still get papers from the newsagents? If so you could ask them if they'd mind getting a paper for your grandad whilst they are there.

Does anyone know of a newsagents or other service who will delivery newspapers to an elderly couple on Newcastle Road?

My grandad is approaching 90 and has decided he’s decided it is time to give up driving. Like many of the older generation they have been getting newspapers daily for decades and we would rather they didn’t feel like they were missing out on anything more and thought to just get the newspapers delivered. Turns out, it’s not so easy.

We’ve tried shop on Atkinson Road, it’s too far, shops on Moreland Street and Croziers Street neither do deliveries. Sunderland echo do a subscription with various online stuff and a voucher to pick it up in a shop, which isn’t much use here.

I know newspapers are a bit of a relic, I certainly haven’t opened one up for many years, but for the older generation it’s just normal.
No nice neighbours to ask if they go for their paper daily.

Back