NDong

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many clubs are well over the financial threshold at the moment? It means sod all.

We got caught with our pants down signing an unproven player at that price simple as.

He only signed a new deal in the summer, he was very much there for the taking.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Had he been available, I suspect that there would have been several clubs interested in him and many of them would have been ahead of us in the queue. And that's why we end up paying too much money for players that most other clubs in the league don't want (at least at the prices quoted)

How many clubs are well over the financial threshold at the moment? It means sod all.

We got caught with our pants down signing an unproven player at that price simple as.

It means everything you daft knacker and our entire transfer policy from the summer onwards is with that sole fact in mind Martin Bain has said so himself.

I like him me. i honestly think you can see him getting better and better the more he is getting used to his surroundings. He was very good on Saturday and for me has bags full of potential.

Even some of the greatest foriegn players The Premiership has ever had have needed a bedding in period. Doing ok will become a key player

I like him me. i honestly think you can see him getting better and better the more he is getting used to his surroundings. He was very good on Saturday and for me has bags full of potential.

Even some of the greatest foriegn players The Premiership has ever had have needed a bedding in period. Doing ok will become a key player

Agree with this, he's been surrounded by shit I'm midfield since he arrived but has always applied himself and shown for every ball.

Now a few of the first teamers are back i expect him to really kick on.

Agree with this, he's been surrounded by shit I'm midfield since he arrived but has always applied himself and shown for every ball.

Now a few of the first teamers are back i expect him to really kick on.

Does not even speak any English apparently yet (or very little). He will as i say only get better and better as time goes on

worked a lot harder in recent games, looked a lot better with pienaar running the show which allowed him to basically just be there for a pass rather than running around trying to create when there was no one to pass to.

I thought he made a few sloppy passes when under no pressure at all which wound me up no end. However, he makes some passes that only Kirchhoff from our squad would even attempt. He made a couple on Saturday that were excellent. First time, when most others would take a touch and lose the moment. I think he's decent and he's only going to get better. The stick he's received on here recently has been well over the top IMO.
Good post.
I think he was a bit ropey on Saturday and he has yet to put in an eye catching performance. This lad has obvious talent as you can see it in flashes weather it's a pass or a bit of control. The great thing about him is his head never drops and he is full of determination and energy the basis for any good footballer.The lad is a battler and I have a feeling he will become a big player for us.

It means everything you daft knacker and our entire transfer policy from the summer onwards is with that sole fact in mind Martin Bain has said so himself.

Aye so let's throw £13 million on an unknown Gabonese international :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Answer my question, how many clubs are over their financial threshold?

Fuck all will be done about it, bar a nominal fine.

Martin Bain the same bloke who worked for David Murray, that ended well for Rangers didn't it?

Aye so let's throw £13 million on an unknown Gabonese international :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Answer my question, how many clubs are over their financial threshold?

Fuck all will be done about it, bar a nominal fine.

Martin Bain the same bloke who worked for David Murray, that ended well for Rangers didn't it?

Bain's past is neither here nor there. He is our CEO now and the clubs policy is as I described. Whether or not 'fuck all will be done' is also neither here nor there. Sunderland believe it will and are acting accordingly to try and get their wage bill down.
If you don't mind me saying so you are out of your depth mate. Sunderland are the only club in the division making substantial losses year on year, a club with a 76% wages /turnover ratio and a club incapable of making any real growth aside from their TV money. We are on a different playing field to everyone else finance wise and have to reduce our wage bill and that is exactly what we are doing. We will still spend 15 mill on player x and 10 mill on player y but we will also be balancing the books and you will notice the players we bring in generally (N'Dong, McNair, Love, Djilobodji) will be on wages far less than many of those going out ie Kaboul, Fletcher etc If you haven't watched this it might go a little way to educating you to realise we wont be buying any top drawer players on big wages any time soon unless we are able to get big earners out. The club are actively trying to bring players in like Pickford, McNair, Love, Gooch, Watmore and others to follow to give them game time and build them into the team to get a wage bill more in line with the money we bring in as a club.

Bain's past is neither here nor there. He is our CEO now and the clubs policy is as I described. Whether or not 'fuck all will be done' is also neither here nor there. Sunderland believe it will and are acting accordingly to try and get their wage bill down.
If you don't mind me saying so you are out of your depth mate. Sunderland are the only club in the division making substantial losses year on year, a club with a 76% wages /turnover ratio and a club incapable of making any real growth aside from their TV money. We are on a different playing field to everyone else finance wise and have to reduce our wage bill and that is exactly what we are doing. We will still spend 15 mill on player x and 10 mill on player y but we will also be balancing the books and you will notice the players we bring in generally (N'Dong, McNair, Love, Djilobodji) will be on wages far less than many of those going out ie Kaboul, Fletcher etc If you haven't watched this it might go a little way to educating you to realise we wont be buying any top drawer players on big wages any time soon unless we are able to get big earners out. The club are actively trying to bring players in like Pickford, McNair, Love, Gooch, Watmore and others to follow to give them game time and build them into the team to get a wage bill more in line with the money we bring in as a club.

You do realise this is exaclty what we should have been doing years ago and it is purely the faylt of the recruitment strategy that has allowed us to become hamstrung by this ffp system and our own finances. in other words its all our own doing.

I raise you Bournemouth.

I'm not out of my depth at all, it's blindingly obvious our recruitment is a shambles.

Yet again, where did wages come into my argument? You're basically trying to put words into my mouth. If you can't see we got taken to the cleaners by Lorient for N'Dong you need to get a reality check.

Spending £13 million on an unproven player on lowish wages is still border line madness, this is what I'm getting at. Our recruitment policy is lazy, has been lazy and will continue to be lazy for the foreseeable future.

Bain will spin yarns all he wants, he won't be fooling me.......

Last edited:

Big sigh. He wasn't because we wont be signing any player now or well into the future for the kind of wages that Arnautivic would command even if he was available. You are struggling to grasp this. He would command twice the wages that N'Dong will be on.

Big sigh. He wasn't because we wont be signing any player now or well into the future for the kind of wages that Arnautivic would command even if he was available. You are struggling to grasp this. He would command twice the wages that N'Dong will be on.

I'm not struggling to grasp anything, you can't see there was zero logic in paying that kind of money for N'Dong.

We signed Januzaj on loan and N'Dong, neither near Arnautovic's quality imo, why not go or quality over quantity? Januzaj's wages are £30,000+ a week. Why bring in two players when we could have brought in one who would more than likely improve our first 11 straight away.

I had used Marko as an "example" for the millionth time too btw.

This is my point in a nutshell, our club has zero structure when it comes to the the transfer market.

@rentaghost , good debate non the less mate.

We both have different opinions ;)

Last edited:
I'm not struggling to grasp anything, you can't see there was zero logic in paying that kind of money for N'Dong.

We signed Januzaj on loan and N'Dong, neither near Arnautovic's quality imo, why not go or quality over quantity? Januzaj's wages are £30,000+ a week. Why bring in two players when we could have brought in one who would more than likely improve our first 11 straight away.

I had used Marko as an "example" for the millionth time too btw.

This is my point in a nutshell, our club has zero structure when it comes to the the transfer market.

@rentaghost , good debate non the less mate.

We both have different opinions ;)

Aye fair enough. I'm not arguing that we have bought poorly again. I can't stand the sight of Januzai but we aren't committed to him beyond a season. I do think we have a structure now - I think you will see us buying younger players on less wages as seen by McNair, Love, Januzai, N'Dong. Problem is we keep buying the wrong ones :lol:

Aye fair enough. I'm not arguing that we have bought poorly again. I can't stand the sight of Januzai but we aren't committed to him beyond a season. I do think we have a structure now - I think you will see us buying younger players on less wages as seen by McNair, Love, Januzai, N'Dong. Problem is we keep buying the wrong ones :lol:

I hope N'Dong justifies his price tag and we go down the Southampton route of developing players whether its from the academy or buying cheap and selling lads on for good profits, but I'm just wondering when will we put this into practice.

Buying the right players for the positions we need improving in, not buying another right back when we've 2 or 3 already just silly things like that.

Staying up this season will be massive for sure, then maybe we'll have a chance of getting a new owner in who wants to be here and proper structures can be put in place so that we're not signing square pegs for circle holes.

We will get there eventually mate please God :cool::lol:

I'm still unconvinced, he got stuck in on Saturday like, but its his inability to pass the ball that is my main worry.

Happy to give him time though

We've asked a lot of a young African lad coming to Sunderland and playing alongside Rodwell McNair and Pienaar in the freezing cold. He's done Ok considering IMO, I'll give him until next season before passing judgement

I'm still unconvinced, he got stuck in on Saturday like, but its his inability to pass the ball that is my main worry.

Happy to give him time though

He's misplaced a few daft passes but what worries me is his inability to tackle. Hopefully this improves quickly if we're going to rely on him every game.

I raise you Bournemouth.

I'm not out of my depth at all, it's blindingly obvious our recruitment is a shambles.

Yet again, where did wages come into my argument? You're basically trying to put words into my mouth. If you can't see we got taken to the cleaners by Lorient for N'Dong you need to get a reality check.

Spending £13 million on an unproven player on lowish wages is still border line madness, this is what I'm getting at. Our recruitment policy is lazy, has been lazy and will continue to be lazy for the foreseeable future.

Bain will spin yarns all he wants, he won't be fooling me.......
Bain hasn't spun any yarns and isn't trying to fool you.
You are jus failing to accept the reality.

We've asked a lot of a young African lad coming to Sunderland and playing alongside Rodwell McNair and Pienaar in the freezing cold. He's done Ok considering IMO, I'll give him until next season before passing judgement

He's misplaced a few daft passes but what worries me is his inability to tackle. Hopefully this improves quickly if we're going to rely on him every game.
Well if your worried about him tackling you shouldn't. This player loves to get involved in a physical battle. This is the same player who nearly torn a big chunk off an oppositions players ear in a friendly before he came to Sunderland ( the players ear was hanging by a bit of skin)
I think the coaching staff have been working on his game and he will no doubt have been instructed to stay on his feet more ( Just like Papy) so he can remain more mobile in tracking back and getting forward. Once he has mastered that part of the game the reins may be let loose for him to play his natural game more. Well timed tackles are what we probably will see in a few months time ( maybe sooner maybe later) but for now we are putting his good engine to use and teaching him how to contribute in a struggling team in he toughest league in the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back