NDong

Status
Not open for further replies.
good game yesterday for me. barely put a foot wrong whereas v hull he was driving me nuts :lol:
I thought he made a few sloppy passes when under no pressure at all which wound me up no end. However, he makes some passes that only Kirchhoff from our squad would even attempt. He made a couple on Saturday that were excellent. First time, when most others would take a touch and lose the moment. I think he's decent and he's only going to get better. The stick he's received on here recently has been well over the top IMO.

the issue for n dong is that he has bridcutt, rodwell, gomez, colback, Vaughan, gardner, cabral, to try and improve on-
almost impossible to be that good

I'll stand by what I've always said. He will look a better player once all of our injured players are back, which all seems to be slowly happening for us.

This....^ the kids got something, but just needs time to get to grips with this league. With M'Vila.... :cool:, Kerchoff, Catts or Larsson playing alongside him, there will be less pressure on him and hopefully the 13m+ player will emerge...

I like him... :cool:

:confused:

He cost £13 million and is now our record signing.

What do you mean "when we couldn't afford anyone else" Stoke probably would of sold us Arnautovic and Adam for that give or take a few million (just as an example)

We got caught with our pants down by paying that for Didier, as I said on here before even if he becomes a good player for us we won't see anything like the money we paid for him imo.

:eek:

Playing by himself in midfield. I don't see what people are expecting of him.

There's never any passing options on for him forwards because we're committing nobody beyond the ball so he has to go backwards and the other midfielders sit so deep he looks like he's playing by himself.

Exactly. I don't mind him myself, I think he needs to be playing with better midfielders and stop being the focal point of midfield. Good player in there somewhere.

:confused:

He cost £13 million and is now our record signing.

What do you mean "when we couldn't afford anyone else" Stoke probably would of sold us Arnautovic and Adam for that give or take a few million (just as an example)

We got caught with our pants down by paying that for Didier, as I said on here before even if he becomes a good player for us we won't see anything like the money we paid for him imo.

Just because we can 'afford' them doesn't mean they'll come.

Arnautovic signed a new contract with Stoke in the summer and had he not, he'd have been courted by clubs with more chance of success than ours.

Was better on Saturday in 1st half, but no real pressure and still managed a couple of major cock ups under no real pressure. 2nd half more normal performance. His shot :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Still waiting to see anything to suggest an inkling he is worth half of what we paid. Even just luck he should of done something by now on law of averages alone.

I've said a few times I like him although he is very raw at the moment, he looks the type of player that will always do a random unenforced error or two as he did on Saturday with a couple of passes

With players getting fit and Moyes slightly changing our central midfield set up as he has I think we will see Ndong play more box to box which is a plus. He made a couple of really good runs on Saturday that stretched their defence

If you look at the final few minutes, he was the player constantly going to the ball to close down, even on their troublesome left hand side. That sort of pressing goes unnoticed but is hugely important. A few sloppy passes, true, but he keeps the ball moving so it happens.

There's a good player in there, he just needs time to adapt.

Just because we can 'afford' them doesn't mean they'll come.

Arnautovic signed a new contract with Stoke in the summer and had he not, he'd have been courted by clubs with more chance of success than ours.

Who said otherwise?

The OP who I quoted said "we probably only signed N'Dong because we probably couldn't afford anyone else"

We broke our bloody transfer record, of course we could afford other players isn't that obvious.

If you read my post, I clearly only used Arnautovic and Adam as examples.....

Who said otherwise?

The OP who I quoted said "we probably only signed N'Dong because we probably couldn't afford anyone else"

We broke our bloody transfer record, of course we could afford other players isn't that obvious.

No it isn't obvious. Playing a transfer fee for a player (probably structured over years) isn't the issue into who we can afford. Wages is the issue as Sunderland are very close to breaching FFP rules because their wage bill is too high.

Who said otherwise?

I read your post and your example of Arnautovic was miles off target.

No it isn't obvious. Playing a transfer fee for a player (probably structured over years) isn't the issue into who we can afford. Wages is the issue as Sunderland are very close to breaching FFP rules because their wage bill is too high.

How many clubs are well over the financial threshold at the moment? It means sod all.

We got caught with our pants down signing an unproven player at that price simple as.

I read your post and your example of Arnautovic was miles off target.

He only signed a new deal in the summer, he was very much there for the taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back