NDong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young, foreign and flung in the deep end.

Playing in a half decent side he'd look canny. Unfortunately he isn't.

To be honest he would probably do well under someone like Big Sam.
I think he's an Allardyce signing... identified by Sam's team of fixers, put on a longlist before he left for England, then bought in desperation by Bain when we couldn't afford anyone else.

He might look better alongside cattermole and Kirchhoff. Still think there's a decent player in there somewhere. Alongside Rodwell and Pienaar I think Xavi in his prime would struggle.

10 years in the premier league and we have Rodwell and Pienaar starting. Staggering.

Take back my earlier comments on this lad

He covers a lot of ground

Reserving judgement til he's been here a while

He needs time to adjust. We got lucky with last January's signings bedding in so quickly. Like you say he covers a lot of ground but I think he has a lot more to his game.He still didn't pull up any trees in his last match but the determination and effort was there.

There's potential there. Was involved in some nice bits of play, particularly the first 20 minutes when we were steamrolling them a bit.

Also had two completely random, inexplicably shit passes under no pressure. He seems to lack concentration when it comes to "easy" passes.

With time and better midfielders around him and think he will turn out fine.

I think he's an Allardyce signing... identified by Sam's team of fixers, put on a longlist before he left for England, then bought in desperation by Bain when we couldn't afford anyone else.

:confused:

He cost £13 million and is now our record signing.

What do you mean "when we couldn't afford anyone else" Stoke probably would of sold us Arnautovic and Adam for that give or take a few million (just as an example)

We got caught with our pants down by paying that for Didier, as I said on here before even if he becomes a good player for us we won't see anything like the money we paid for him imo.

:confused:

He cost £13 million and is now our record signing.

What do you mean "when we couldn't afford anyone else" Stoke probably would of sold us Arnautovic and Adam for that give or take a few million (just as an example)

We got caught with our pants down by paying that for Didier, as I said on here before even if he becomes a good player for us we won't see anything like the money we paid for him imo.
I'm unaware of what Ndong's wages are, but I wondered whether they made him a cheaper option than, for example, M'vila?

You're right though, we did overpay for him. My main concern - which I am still fairly sure of - is that Ndong is an Allardyce target signed after he'd left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back