Names linked to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total breakdown of relationship with the board apparently. Not entirely surprising the way he played the England link through the press.
Fair enough. Don't see where his next job is coming from though. Mags when Rafa bottles it 10 games in?

The owners have been "considering bids" since before the Wembley play off final. All negotiations were ring fenced with confidentiality clauses so for whatever reason the club remains unsold will pass into urban myth or folklore. The only directly attributable quote is "dead in the water". It is highly unlikely that party will return in September.

As for journeyman. "Tin pot", "horrible club" aside, we are one of twenty clubs that will this season compete in the PL. No bad thing to have on your CV. Whoever it is will inherit a squad that got us relegated the last time around, well those of a squad who are not long to medium term injury ridden, with the proviso any replacements or additions must be free transfers. A win-win situation for whoever it is, Keep us up will only increase that persons stock, while all the excuses are there for relegation.

I wasn't trying to be negative about the club/fans, but it was more about the owner.

I think Bruce is a twat and made a meal of your season. He should of shown some loyalty after he took you down last time. But then again, Bruce has no loyalty unless he's sacked and then it's everyone else's fault.

I wasn't trying to be negative about the club/fans, but it was more about the owner.

I think Bruce is a twat and made a meal of your season. He should of shown some loyalty after he took you down last time. But then again, Bruce has no loyalty unless he's sacked and then it's everyone else's fault.

Sorry about the confusion with the "tin pot, horrible club", that was not aimed at you, or anybody else in particular. Just seems to be a frequent handle tagged to the club on this board.

The owners? Phew, how long you got? My post centred on the playing side of things for any incoming manager. Off pitch things are more than interesting. A recently introduced "Membership Scheme" removed ALL concessions. Well, for home fans at least! Tickets are now available for Leicester fans, with concessions!!

Bruce has walked because no money was made available for strengthening this season. We should have pissed the Championship last season, but staggered over the line at Wembley. (Yes, the Wembley that seemed to have more empty seats in our end than those with bums on. Again another "phew, how long you got story".) Team selection and square pegs round holes made the job a lot harder than it should have been. So, am I sad he has gone or not? Probably not, but the manner of his leaving is just another in the catalogue of "WTF" moments the present owners have brought about.

Bruce walking may yet be good for the club, but it is the manner of his leaving that further adds to the growing unrest about the present owners. Taken as a one-off this would appear to be a somewhat disloyal act, but there is a little bit of history to take into account. Sorry, another of those phew etc etc.

Sorry about the confusion with the "tin pot, horrible club", that was not aimed at you, or anybody else in particular. Just seems to be a frequent handle tagged to the club on this board.

The owners? Phew, how long you got? My post centred on the playing side of things for any incoming manager. Off pitch things are more than interesting. A recently introduced "Membership Scheme" removed ALL concessions. Well, for home fans at least! Tickets are now available for Leicester fans, with concessions!!

Bruce has walked because no money was made available for strengthening this season. We should have pissed the Championship last season, but staggered over the line at Wembley. (Yes, the Wembley that seemed to have more empty seats in our end than those with bums on. Again another "phew, how long you got story".) Team selection and square pegs round holes made the job a lot harder than it should have been. So, am I sad he has gone or not? Probably not, but the manner of his leaving is just another in the catalogue of "WTF" moments the present owners have brought about.

Bruce walking may yet be good for the club, but it is the manner of his leaving that further adds to the growing unrest about the present owners. Taken as a one-off this would appear to be a somewhat disloyal act, but there is a little bit of history to take into account. Sorry, another of those phew etc etc.

Square pegs in round holes sounds familiar.

Look you can make all the excuses you like but we all know the real reason he's left is because you lot realised he's a Geordie and according to Bruce the writings on the wall when that happens

Square pegs in round holes sounds familiar.

Look you can make all the excuses you like but we all know the real reason he's left is because you lot realised he's a Geordie and according to Bruce the writings on the wall when that happens

"They found out I was going to Scunthorpe for my Mince Pies"

We once gother knocked out of thevery cup at Brighton with no strikers on the pitch from the start. Bruce then moaned about us not taking our chances

I don't mind Hull apart from THAT song

Has Bruce said why he's left? I could understand (undastaaand) if he'd resigned last season, but to leave them after getting them promoted, 3 weeks before the start of the season is odd
New owners don't want to invest in players. Hull have 13 fit players and most of them are shite.

We once gother knocked out of thevery cup at Brighton with no strikers on the pitch from the start. Bruce then moaned about us not taking our chances

I don't mind Hull apart from THAT song

Now, that is below the belt. Yes, that b....y song !!

Ah yes, the not taking our chances/strikers. I liked that one too. Though in his defence this, I think, is the root cause of the walk out. last year he made it known to the owners he would very much like Andre Grey. They fannied about and Burnley pinched him from under us. Not in his defence is the lad he DID sign from Norwegian football. You and I will score more goals chatting away on this forum than he ever will in English football. I have had to re-define "shite" for the poor lad.

Anyway, for both of us, new managers all round, new signings to look forward to - why do I sort of wish I was a Sunderland fan. All the best.

This is why it was imperative we got Moyes

There isn't any other canditate out of work at the moment who strikes me as being good enough for taking over the likes of us or Hull

The owners have been "considering bids" since before the Wembley play off final. All negotiations were ring fenced with confidentiality clauses so for whatever reason the club remains unsold will pass into urban myth or folklore. The only directly attributable quote is "dead in the water". It is highly unlikely that party will return in September.

As for journeyman. "Tin pot", "horrible club" aside, we are one of twenty clubs that will this season compete in the PL. No bad thing to have on your CV. Whoever it is will inherit a squad that got us relegated the last time around, well those of a squad who are not long to medium term injury ridden, with the proviso any replacements or additions must be free transfers. A win-win situation for whoever it is, Keep us up will only increase that persons stock, while all the excuses are there for relegation.

Awww, don't be so parochial

In the absence of a reply from him, hope this suffices.
What h

Awww, don't be so parochial

In the absence of a reply from him, hope this suffices.
I knew the Hull chant's from a couple of year ago of 'Steve Bruce is too good for you' which was aimed at Sunderland Supporters would come back to bite you on the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back