M'Vila

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because imo he's needed and won't need a settling in period. I'm not talking about giving in and paying over the odds. I think getting Mvila now for £5m is good business.
Thats the key thing here, we know what we'll be getting, and as you say won't need a settling in period.

Why should we pay a fee of £5 million when his wage at Rubin Kazan is only going to be £2.6 million over that period?
Because if we dither about much longer someone else will. And then we will have to spend a lot more than £5 million to get someone equivalent. Why risk it ??

Why should we pay a fee of £5 million when his wage at Rubin Kazan is only going to be £2.6 million over that period?
Because in today's market he's a 15-20 million pound player. It's a bargain.

Look what 5 million has got us in the past, Danny Graham. Fuck, 10 million got us Rodwell!

The longer we drag this out it's inevitable another club might come in for the steal.

Because if we dither about much longer someone else will. And then we will have to spend a lot more than £5 million to get someone equivalent. Why risk it ??
If we've agreed a contract with the lad then he can sign it this instant. Then nobody else can come in - regardless of how much they offer.

Look what 5 million has got us in the past, Danny Graham. Fuck, 10 million got us Rodwell!

The longer we drag this out it's inevitable another club might come in for the steal.
So youd rather us be seen as a soft touch rather than getting the best deal possible? That sort of attitude saw us pay £12m for the jug eared scot and £10m for Rodwell

How ridiculous. Let's just give in to every demand made by every club we deal with. I'm assuming you're unhappy that we got compensation from the FA for Allardyce too on that basis?

£5m is a bargain for M'Vila and nothing in today's market where Championship players are going for £10m etc. I'll be seething if we miss out on him over a couple of million quid.

How many of them are going for that money with 6 months left on their contracts?

How ridiculous. Let's just give in to every demand made by every club we deal with. I'm assuming you're unhappy that we got compensation from the FA for Allardyce too on that basis?

How many of them are going for that money with 6 months left on their contracts?
Cut him some slack, he's still reeling over SAFC releasing that ginger Geordie kernt.

We need him now not in 6 months time. Is it really worth haggling over £2m quid? This deal should have been done weeks ago.

Because Rubin are entitled to not let him go on a free (or money to just cover his contract). That's like saying why should any transfer be over the value of the player's contract - clubs are entitled to charge what they want.

We have to look at it from our side, see the state of the team, and make a decision on whether £5m is a good deal for Yann, despite his contract situation.

I believe it is, due to how much it'll help our current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back