Moyes Out banner at the match

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players back from injury, coaching taking effect, starting to play as a unit, fitness levels. ?? Got to beleive these things will start to happen at some point. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later
Love your optimism marra. Refreshing to get a balanced response on this board.

'Keano IN' banner for me :cool:
Ok so lets see all your banners who has posted in here please

I wouldn't make one mesel but if I did it would only say something positive

[something positive] btw I don't have aids

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to go and support the lads, great stuff, get behind them and lets see if we can boost them enough to get something out of the game.

The match is for supporting the lads not for seeking attention hoping your dirty bedsheets get spread all over Sky Sports. That's what Sid James' is for.

First things first I want Moyes to stay and certainly won't be hoisting any bedsheets. That being said though, as a general comment, I think our fans accept things too readily. Any time when things are going really shit and someone suggests protesting/ voicing their displeasure about it they always seem to be met with the "that's what the mags do" type comments.

Again, not regarding this issue, but generally speaking I think we could do with being a bit more vocal when we're spending season after f***ing season rooted near the foot of the table. There must be a happy medium between having mock funerals with misspelt bedsheets on the one hand and meekly just accepting any old shit on the other hand because "we're Sunderland and we don't make a scene".

I think Moyes will work but it'll probably take about 3 - 4 years for us to get good with him as manager I will vote lets get to know him a bit better before we judge him.

I think Moyes will work but it'll probably take about 3 - 4 years for us to get good with him as manager I will vote lets get to know him a bit better before we judge him.

Agreed. It seems like it's open season on Moyes at the minute but I do think he's been a bit unlucky, nothing is going his way at all and I'm not convinced it's all his fault. Had he made an attacking change v west ham and they'd scored people would be saying it was naive and we should have accepted the point, instead he's gone defensive and it still hasn't worked and its his fault for being too cautious.

I'm not going to say his reign has been anything other than poor so far but looking at the games on their own a lot of things have gone against him:

Southampton away; decent enough performance and would have been a win if not for a late goalkeeping error, hardly his fault

Spurs away was a poor performance imo but we were very near to getting something and only a mistake cost us (I will temper that by mentioning the mistake was from one of his signings like but still)

Crystal palace we should have seen out; a failure to hold a 2 goal lead is, imo, down to the players (especially the first one, letting one in that quick was f***ing pathetic)

West Ham had Khazri scored an easy chance we might well have won it

West brom we were near to nicking and might have been totally different had Defoe scored the kind of chance he normally gobbles up

Boro we were undone by a great strike and still hardly deserved to lose

Man city was decent considering the opposition

I know it's all ifs and buts but considering the injury list we've had (and the relatively weak squad to begin with, if anyone thinks Moyes was genuinely happy with just having Anichebe as an "option" up front I'd question their sanity) I don't think we've been that dreadful and certainly we've deserved more than 2 points.

He has made some poor substitutions, he doesn't come across as being particularly inspiring and, yes, ultimately he'll be judged by what happens on the pitch, but I don't think there's enough reason to sack him already when we could easily be on 6 or 7 points and this conversation would never be happening

First things first I want Moyes to stay and certainly won't be hoisting any bedsheets. That being said though, as a general comment, I think our fans accept things too readily. Any time when things are going really shit and someone suggests protesting/ voicing their displeasure about it they always seem to be met with the "that's what the mags do" type comments.

Again, not regarding this issue, but generally speaking I think we could do with being a bit more vocal when we're spending season after f***ing season rooted near the foot of the table. There must be a happy medium between having mock funerals with misspelt bedsheets on the one hand and meekly just accepting any old shit on the other hand because "we're Sunderland and we don't make a scene".
This. Some of our fans seem to think Newcastle are the only club that campaign to get their manager out and worry about being like them. Wrong, the mags are the only club who hold mock funerals and campain to get the manager out just because they lost to sunderland. If we need to let our feelings about the manager be known, the last thing we should be worrying about is being "like the mags".

There does seem to be a fundamental difference between the mag's support and ours. Whenever they start the protests they always seem to be on the same page, or at least that's how it appears from the outside. When we're in the shit it all seems to turn to backbiting and fighting among the fans.\

My take on it, and I'm sure many will feel differently is that we have a sizeable section of status quo fans (no wonder they were chosen to play at the opening of the SoL) who won't dare criticize whoever is in charge of SAFC (the manager, but even more so the owner) at any given time, regardless of performance. In fact, they seem more concerned with telling anyone who dares say anything to shut up and calling them a mag. I honestly don't understand it.

There's an acceptance of mediocrity here that them lot up the road don't have. On the one had they're a bit delusional, or the other we're utterly defeatist and concerned with not having ideas above our station. I bet someone more qualified than me can come up with a good sociological argument for why based on the history of the two clubs/cities.

Agreed. It seems like it's open season on Moyes at the minute but I do think he's been a bit unlucky, nothing is going his way at all and I'm not convinced it's all his fault. Had he made an attacking change v west ham and they'd scored people would be saying it was naive and we should have accepted the point, instead he's gone defensive and it still hasn't worked and its his fault for being too cautious.

I'm not going to say his reign has been anything other than poor so far but looking at the games on their own a lot of things have gone against him:

Southampton away; decent enough performance and would have been a win if not for a late goalkeeping error, hardly his fault

Spurs away was a poor performance imo but we were very near to getting something and only a mistake cost us (I will temper that by mentioning the mistake was from one of his signings like but still)

Crystal palace we should have seen out; a failure to hold a 2 goal lead is, imo, down to the players (especially the first one, letting one in that quick was f***ing pathetic)

West brom we were near to nicking and might have been totally different had Defoe scored the kind of chance he normally gobbles up

I know it's all ifs and buts but considering the injury list we've had (and the relatively weak squad to begin with, if anyone thinks Moyes was genuinely happy with just having Anichebe as an "option" up front I'd question their sanity) I don't think we've been that dreadful and certainly we've deserved more than 2 points.

He has made some poor substitutions, he doesn't come across as being particularly inspiring and, yes, ultimately he'll be judged by what happens on the pitch, but I don't think there's enough reason to sack him already when we could easily be on 6 or 7 points and this conversation would never be happening
Agree with this could not be arsed to read the rest of your post marra but I'm sure it was spot on

I agree, Moyes out banners are best left to the likes of ManUtd.

This

There does seem to be a fundamental difference between the mag's support and ours. Whenever they start the protests they always seem to be on the same page, or at least that's how it appears from the outside. When we're in the shit it all seems to turn to backbiting and fighting among the fans.\

My take on it, and I'm sure many will feel differently is that we have a sizeable section of status quo fans (no wonder they were chosen to play at the opening of the SoL) who won't dare criticize whoever is in charge of SAFC (the manager, but even more so the owner) at any given time, regardless of performance. In fact, they seem more concerned with telling anyone who dares say anything to shut up and calling them a mag. I honestly don't understand it.

There's an acceptance of mediocrity here that them lot up the road don't have. On the one had they're a bit delusional, or the other we're utterly defeatist and concerned with not having ideas above our station. I bet someone more qualified than me can come up with a good sociological argument for why based on the history of the two clubs/cities.

The difference emerged when they had the Keegan years, declared themselves their own nation and decided because they get a few through the gates they deserve to be at the top. They then had a generation who knew nothing else and it spiralled from there. Whichever way you look at it they are wankers.

Pretty much a succinct summary of all the things I've been saying. Top post.

Last edited:

I guess it just comes down to that it doesn't help in the current predicament...at the match at least. When we showed our displeasure re Bruce we were not in relegation zone...

If we organised ourselves into some kind of unofficial supporters group who made representations to the board that would be interesting....but then we would toe the line having received their time and hospitality.
In fact I think we underestimate how this forum is a voice for consensus of opinion....its not many years ago the Sports Echo letters page was the only outlet supporters had...so I think they know how we are feeling.
truth is the only real protest you can make is not to go to the match. But I could never support anything which potentially impacts on performance on the pitch.

I guess it just comes down to that it doesn't help in the current predicament...at the match at least. When we showed our displeasure re Bruce we were not in relegation zone...

If we organised ourselves into some kind of unofficial supporters group who made representations to the board that would be interesting....but then we would toe the line having received their time and hospitality.
In fact I think we underestimate how this forum is a voice for consensus of opinion....its not many years ago the Sports Echo letters page was the only outlet supporters had...so I think they know how we are feeling.
truth is the only real protest you can make is not to go to the match. But I could never support anything which potentially impacts on performance on the pitch.
Onions what mate?

Its the 92ers era of entitlement....I don't recall them being any different to us before then

Voice of reason

Last edited:

I don't think it would have made a shred of difference if we had been. In fact, it probably would have made the vitriol more intense.

I see your point but unfortunately, at the match (or after the game if you prefer) is the only time we've really got the club's ear. If there are thousands shouting about it the media will cover it and it can't be dismissed as a couple of disgruntled people.

The only people the club want to listen to outside of the match are the supporters branches who won't say boo. They just want to hear how great they are.

We'll hello Mr Courageous, the caped crusader ........ criticising Sunderland supporters for ' their inaction' while doing nothing more than whining continually on a message board.

What exactly makes you any better?

Last edited:
Hello lads

The club has appointed me as manager. So what do you recommend I do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back