MotM vs Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Johnson. He was pure class.

Notable mentions to PVA, Larsson and O'Shea.

Reviellere was also good, as too were Wickham and Bridcutt.

Great performance.

Larsson was our midfield today, so MOTM for him. With honourable mentions for AJ, PVA and (to my surprise and pleasure) Wickham.

AJ or PVA for me, thought the Rev had a canny first game back too, looked pretty balanced at the back. Cracking result

FTM

This for me too, surprised how good he was defensively today seemed even more comfortable than in his wing back role. Pretty solid 7's across the board for the rest tbh, though Rev, Seb and JD were a cut above and Vergini had his best game for ages.

He done well, but his positional awareness as a centre half was shocking. The amount of times he was over at right back with bridcutt (!!!) dropping in the middle to cover would have cost us against a better side.

There are times we look like a comfortable Premier League side.

Hopefully Gus can see what the crowd want and how much confidence it gives the team

A lot of decent performances and no stupidity at the back makes us look like we know what we're doing.
Defoe makes himself easy to find in the box which makes it so much easier but it was telling that both goals came from fullbacks getting in behind the defence and turning their player towards goal. Football is easy when you play it properly. Wickham ran the line really well today and looks like it could be a good partnership that will bring goals.
Two top men for me, the two lads up top Defoe and Wickham
Tough one.. Ether
Seb
Pat the Dutchman
French tony
Or the mag slayer

Best sub ... Danny graham ... Looks like the lad wants a fresh start and put himself about

Wickham would be a much better player if he could learn when to release the ball, he's very adept at running into dead ends.

Larsson for his first half performance.
Bridcutt was great.
Van Aanholt and Rev were class.
Gomez had a good game.
Wickham and Defoe did the business.

Well done lads.

The lad takes a lot of stick on this board (championship dross, etc..) - could he turn out to be avaluable premiership player?

Wickham would be a much better player if he could learn when to release the ball, he's very adept at running into dead ends.

Maybe he'll get a lot of help from the old hand Defoe. They could make an interesting duo.

Last edited:
All apart from Bridcutt and Gomez (from what I was hearing from others) played above and beyond the call of duty. They were all exceptional. You can't differentiate. That was one of the best matches I have seen this season certainly. I had to be physically calmed down when we went 2-0 up. I couldn't believe it. I was in a dreamland and I didn't want to wake up. We have actually managed to beat someone and it feels awesome. I can finally put the Southampton debacle behind me now. Better than sex. We have not done that since near the end of last season scoring two or more at home without conceding. I can't imagine what would happen if we actually manage back-to-back wins.

So if you ask me who my man of the match was I would say Poyet. He is the mastermind of our success yesterday.

Larsson and PVA.

If someone could just teach PVA how to defend. Currently, he's one of our most important players in games where we are expected to have more possession and territorial advantage than the opposition. But he's our biggest liability when we don't.

All apart from Bridcutt and Gomez (from what I was hearing from others) played above and beyond the call of duty. They were all exceptional. You can't differentiate. That was one of the best matches I have seen this season certainly. I had to be physically calmed down when we went 2-0 up. I couldn't believe it. I was in a dreamland and I didn't want to wake up. We have actually managed to beat someone and it feels awesome. I can finally put the Southampton debacle behind me now. Better than sex. We have not done that since near the end of last season scoring two or more at home without conceding. I can't imagine what would happen if we actually manage back-to-back wins.

So if you ask me who my man of the match was I would say Poyet. He is the mastermind of our success yesterday.
Erm...

Tough choice for a change.

Anyone of PVA, the French lad at RB, seb, wickham, jos, vergini, Johnson.

All had good Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back