Morrisons Whisky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropped some canny hints so expecting something decent from whisky shop at Metrocentre.

Glenfarclas or Glendronach I'm hoping for

Some exceptionally good deals on Whisky in Morrisons at the moment. Ardbeg which is one of my favourites down from £46 to £35. Talisker Skye which is a nice everyday dram down from £38 to £25 and plenty more reduced. Well worth a look for the whisky drinkers.

Trouble is there's been some beltas on Amazon recently and I'm skint :( the Glenfarclas 15 was £33 (back up around the £48 mark now).
Got the Highland park 12 for £15 with a voucher mind.

I fancy a nice bottle of brandy. Any deals on that kicking about?
be harder to find as Malts always more popular. See them on promotion lots before Christmas and Fathers day when I tend to be untidy around the house and leave any newpaper adverts lying around when my daughters visit:D
do like a Remy mind!

I find that place very expensive mate. The Bunnahabhain 12 for £28 in Waitrose is a bargain - lovely drop.

It is..but the mother in law when over tends to get me something from there.
They do sell stuff that I would only be able to get online...certainly not seen what I've mentioned in supermarkets.
M&S do have the Glenfarclas, but just the big standard 12 year old ( very nice mind) rather than the cask strength 105 I'm hoping for

Imagine getting your whisky from morrisons man :lol::lol::lol: Awld toenails gets his man in the highlands to supply only the best iirc there

Dropped some canny hints so expecting something decent from whisky shop at Metrocentre.

Glenfarclas or Glendronach I'm hoping for
The whisky shop at the Metrocentre? I'm crying here mate :lol:

It is..but the mother in law when over tends to get me something from there.
They do sell stuff that I would only be able to get online...certainly not seen what I've mentioned in supermarkets.
M&S do have the Glenfarclas, but just the big standard 12 year old ( very nice mind) rather than the cask strength 105 I'm hoping for

The 12 is nice, just finishing a bottle. It's the 12 but got 2003 on the bottle - it's bottled just for M&S.

Imagine getting your whisky from morrisons man :lol::lol::lol: Awld toenails gets his man in the highlands to supply only the best iirc there

The whisky shop at the Metrocentre? I'm crying here mate :lol:

The Ardbeg in the OP is a cracking whisky.

Some exceptionally good deals on Whisky in Morrisons at the moment. Ardbeg which is one of my favourites down from £46 to £35. Talisker Skye which is a nice everyday dram down from £38 to £25 and plenty more reduced. Well worth a look for the whisky drinkers.

Talisker Skye, and any of those peaty malts, are f***ing rancid imo. I'd rather drink listerine.

Whiskey/whisky police alert but I think single malts, overall, are vastly overrated. There's as many that are rank as are nice.

Give me a bourbon or a silky smooth Irish drop any day of the week.

Talisker Skye, and any of those peaty malts, are f***ing rancid imo. I'd rather drink listerine.

Whiskey/whisky police alert but I think single malts, overall, are vastly overrated. There's as many that are rank as are nice.

Give me a bourbon or a silky smooth Irish drop any day of the week.

It's because single malts are so varied that you only like a particular type - you obviously don't like the islays (peaty). It doesn't mean they are rank.
You should stick to the speysides - or something like the glenfarclas

It's because single malts are so varied that you only like a particular type - you obviously don't like the islays (peaty). It doesn't mean they are rank.
You should stick to the speysides - or something like the glenfarclas

Glenfarclas is one I do have and like actually. I just generally prefer the flavour of bourbons and the Irish ones. Jameson is pure velvet.

You're a bullshitting bore..,.as if anyone believes the shit you spout on here :lol:
Listen son I was going to teach you the error of your ways when it comes to whisky there, taking you as an apprentice to the sage as it were iirc there. But if you're happy slurping on that nasty stuff from the Metrocentre go ahead, be my guest...see if I care imo there

Glenfarclas is one I do have and like actually. I just generally prefer the flavour of bourbons and the Irish ones. Jameson is pure velvet.

Nowt wrong with Jameson. I've got a bottle of the black barrel reserve on the go at the minute - but i like the peaty ones.

Listen son I was going to teach you the error of your ways when it comes to whisky there, taking you as an apprentice to the sage as it were iirc there. But if you're happy slurping on that nasty stuff from the Metrocentre go ahead, be my guest...see if I care imo there

Haway then - what's your recommendations? :rolleyes:

Liar....but if making stuff up on a message board floats your boat off you go:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back