Modern etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbiadini1

Winger
Are you someone who holds doors open for others, and thanks someone else if it's done for you? Do you thank other motorists who let you out etc and do the same for others?
Or are you an ignorant, rude bastard and one of those people who seems to have no regard for anyone else?
Just shouted "you're welcome" after some woman I just held the door open who didn't say thanks. She looked back and gave me a look like I'd just shit on her couch.
Common courtesy. A dying trait??

Are you someone who holds doors open for others, and thanks someone else if it's done for you? Do you thank other motorists who let you out etc and do the same for others?
Or are you an ignorant, rude bastard and one of those people who seems to have no regard for anyone else?
Just shouted "you're welcome" after some woman I just held the door open who didn't say thanks. She looked back and gave me a look like I'd just shit on her couch.

First against the wall when the Revolution comes.

I give motorists a thank you wave when they stop at a zebra crossing for me.

Yes and no. Sometimes you expect young kids to be one way and they aren't. I've had to use a crutch recently and I got on a bus and the bastard driver pulled out straight away sending me flying. A young girl retrieved my bag and helped me up. An old wife blocking 3 seats with her 'shopper' sat and scowled at me. Mind, I was heard to utter the F-word, so that was possibly why! :lol:

In my experience old people are the most for this, dont even make eye contact with you as they go through the door. Remeber giving ti the "YOUR WELCOME" holding door at Cooper Rose for this one OAP couple and they didnt bat an eyelid.

On me way outta Beamish last week I had to walk slowly behind this fella and some wifey who'd been on some sorta works day out and were dawdling aimlessly up the steps side by side talking to each other leaving no room to pass. A slight annoyance but nevermind. Once at the top I overtook and pressed on ahead to the gift shop. Once there I held the door for them as they weren't far behind. The wife just walked in oblivious, no thank you, kiss me arse nor owt. Didn't even acknowledge is, and in fact she looked the other way. Well I can tell you now I wish I'd slammed that fuckin' door in her ignorant fuckin' fyass the stupid cow.

It's nice to be nice.

I always try and be polite and smile to be honest. As hard as that is to believe!
I like to be polite with anyone in the service sector because I hope to get the same in return and I hope it cheers them up if they've had to deal with ignorant pricks all day.

Always say thanks or some kind of thanks to bar staff for sure. Unless they don't deserve it obviously.

Always hold the door open for people at work or if I'm out and about and someone is coming through behind me. Raise me hand to thank drivers for letting me cross etc. anarl and always flash people out at junctions etc. or thank someone for doing the same (hand up, flash hazard lights etc.).

Just how things should be done to me, don't even give it a second thought. Can't stand or understand it when other people don't do all or even any of the above, pure ignorance and when they don't acknowledge it it's just infuriating - wonder what's going through their minds when they walk through the door I'm holding for them.

i like to hold the door open for people that are a reasonable distance away from the door, forcing them to do a fast waddle like run towards the door to show appreciation for me holding it open

And when they get almost to the door, do you say "No need to hurry on my account"?

i like to hold the door open for people that are a reasonable distance away from the door, forcing them to do a fast waddle like run towards the door to show appreciation for me holding it open
Also have to do this if a car stops to let you over the road.

"Thanks mate, look I'm so grateful that I'm doing a weird no-faster straight-legged jog!"

Also have to do this if a car stops to let you over the road.

"Thanks mate, look I'm so grateful that I'm doing a weird no-faster straight-legged jog!"

Of course, there's the awkward moment when you reach a zebra crossing just as a car does, and you either walk past or fumble in your pockets for your phone until the car has passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back