Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know i listed alvarez but two on tour list are inter milan players.

So i doubt it

Ah yes because a lad whos played 5 times for them was a major part of their world cup run

You were merely comparing nations in the post I quoted?

You were merely comparing nations in the post I quoted?

I was listing the players with best pedigree larsson with 70 odd caps playing in world cups and euros

Compared to a chilean bit part player. Italy then come 2nd but giacherrini is hardly a key player.

Aye as the champions league proves the English league pisses all over the Spanish one
Weirdly they did while Ronaldo was here. There was a stage where an English team made the final every year, and all 4 made the QF

I'm in the Ronaldo camp but I'm not one to try and slag Messi off. They are both unbelievable but Ronaldo has done it time and time again. Messi has always had quality to help him. I also think that the Spanish leagues have some shite in them so scoring 3 goals against a bottom half club there is a lot easier than a bottom half club in England

Wouldn't do as well as CR9 did in England. True fact in my honest opinion. Barca suit him perfectly. Where as CR9 would score 20+ for Sunderland
No chance. We'd have him failing to beat the first defender when taking corners, he'd be in our half hoofing the ball high to Defoe and have him doing foul throws in no time

Bloody hell man. Do people actually really believe they need to see him running rings round John O'Shea for him to be considered the best? FFS, the majority of those considered the best ever never played in England either. Peoples opinion of this countries standard of football is mind boggling.
not at all, it's about adapting to different leagues. Ronaldo has done it plenty of times.

Also looking at the international stage, Ronaldo carries his national side. Messi holds his back

he has played against the best england has to offer in the champions league....with the best defenders in playing in england and raped the majority...he doesnt have to prove it in any league....
and the premier league always has 7-8 teams challenging for the title :oops::oops: the spanish league has more teams battling for the title than england with 2 teams.....so does that make the spanish league more competitive??

I was listing the players with best pedigree larsson with 70 odd caps playing in world cups and euros

Compared to a chilean bit part player. Italy then come 2nd but giacherrini is hardly a key player.
What are you on about?!

We have more internationals than Granada but two of them play for the Rep. Ireland and Scotland. It's harder for a player to get into the Colombian or Chilean squad. You formula makes no sense!!

Not his fault like. They try and build a team around him and that doesn't work at that level
If they played to his strengths he could be more of an impact. However they try and make it only about him
That's fair enough but going into the World Cup for example he'd scored something like 19 goals in his last 19 internationals, scored important winning goals in the group stages and finished runners up after extra time. To say he holds them back is just ludicrous.

Comes down to personal choice with Messi and Ronaldo imo, they're both superb and their records are unbelievable, some of the reasons people come out with to justify one over the other are just bizarre.

Ronaldo played over here for 6 years but was seen as an overrated, diving show pony winger until the last couple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back