Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genuinely wonder if people who think Ronaldo is better have a mental illness.

Anyone who says he hasn't proved it in the PL like it's a real reason is a f***ing idiot.

No theyre not you can have a balanced view rather than suck messi or ronaldo off.

Mesi has succeeded in spain where the financial implications of relegation is nothing like England. Using europa league statistics isnt really fair especially when hull city played a weakened team in it this season.

Also the spanish tv deal is extremely unfair where the rest fight over the scraps and real and barca get the big slice.

Then factor in living in a different country, adapting to another style of playing, becoming a sucess isnt easy.

Shevchenko scored plenty v english clubs in europe then flopped at chelsea.

They are both equal for me, if messi ever risked his legacy in england and succeeded he would be better thsn tonaldo. But as he wont do that he can never be classed as better thsn ronaldo for me

No theyre not you can have a balanced view rather than suck messi or ronaldo off.

Mesi has succeeded in spain where the financial implications of relegation is nothing like England. Using europa league statistics isnt really fair especially when hull city played a weakened team in it this season.

Also the spanish tv deal is extremely unfair where the rest fight over the scraps and real and barca get the big slice.

Then factor in living in a different country, adapting to another style of playing, becoming a sucess isnt easy.

Shevchenko scored plenty v english clubs in europe then flopped at chelsea.

They are both equal for me, if messi ever risked his legacy in england and succeeded he would be better thsn tonaldo. But as he wont do that he can never be classed as better thsn ronaldo for me

I really doubt Messi would ever play in England - he's very much a small town boy - not very detached from his mother's apron strings - and the thought of having to come to England and learn another language would be daunting for him. Though he's lived in Barcelona for most of his life he still speaks Spanish with the local accent of his Argentinian home town - Rosario - he's never said a word in Catalan - so being expected to grapple with English would be beyond him.

Having said that - he is the best I have ever seen.

I really doubt Messi would ever play in England - he's very much a small town boy - not very detached from his mother's apron strings - and the thought of having to come to England and learn another language would be daunting for him. Though he's lived in Barcelona for most of his life he still speaks Spanish with the local accent of his Argentinian home town - Rosario - he's never said a word in Catalan - so being expected to grapple with English would be beyond him.

Having said that - he is the best I have ever seen.

Its all well and good but it wont prove hes the best

I always love the 'La Liga is a weaker league' crack. Our league does not have more strength in depth at all.

Bloody hell man. Do people actually really believe they need to see him running rings round John O'Shea for him to be considered the best? FFS, the majority of those considered the best ever never played in England either. Peoples opinion of this countries standard of football is mind boggling.

There's very little between Messi and Ronaldo but Zidane piss all ower them both

Zidane was a wonderful player, but these two score such an avalanche of goals that you have to rate them even higher. It's staggering that these 2 players are both playing at the same time and are both in the all time top 5 IMO - with Maradona, Pele and Eusebio

Duncan Edwards may have been up there as well, without the hand of fate being so cruel. My old man played against him when they were both 18 and he says it was just staggering how good the lad was

I always love the 'La Liga is a weaker league' crack. Our league does not have more strength in depth at all.

Go and compare the bottom 5 squads of the premier league and the bottom 5 of la liga.

See how many decent internationsls are in each.

Were shite but have larsson pantollimon vergini alvarez goacherrini.

Sweden romania argentina and italy internationals. You dont get that in spain

Zidane was a wonderful player, but these two score such an avalanche of goals that you have to rate them even higher. It's staggering that these 2 players are both playing at the same time and are both in the all time top 5 IMO - with Maradona, Pele and Eusebio

Duncan Edwards may have been up there as well, without the hand of fate being so cruel. My old man played against him when they were both 18 and he says it was just staggering how good the lad was

For me, if they aren't scoring (which they do obvs) they aren't in the game.

Zidane would do it all and would take the game by the scruff of it's neck. Never once saw a game pass him by

For me, if they aren't scoring (which they do obvs) they aren't in the game.

Zidane would do it all and would take the game by the scruff of it's neck. Never once saw a game pass him by

I agree he was a huge influence on games, but you simply can't ignore the enormity of the goals Messi and Ronaldo score, it's incredible. At the end of the day, the most priceless asset in football is the ability to put the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis

Go and compare the bottom 5 squads of the premier league and the bottom 5 of la liga.

See how many decent internationsls are in each.

Were shite but have larsson pantollimon vergini alvarez goacherrini.

Sweden romania argentina and italy internationals. You dont get that in spain

:lol: Of course you do!

I picked only Granada as an example as you picked Sunderland.

Allan Nyom - Cameroon
Manuel Iturra - Chile
Jeison Murillo - Colombia
Youssouf El Arabi - Morocco

I know a lot of people are joking on this thread but one or two actually believe the utter tripe that they type. Staggering.

I agree he was a huge influence on games, but you simply can't ignore the enormity of the goals Messi and Ronaldo score, it's incredible. At the end of the day, the most priceless asset in football is the ability to put the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis

TBH that's why I rate Zidane so highly.

Scored Champions League winners as well as World Cup Finals anarl.

He simply wiped the floor with everyone, no matter what platform.

:lol: Of course you do!

I picked only Granada as an example as you picked Sunderland.

Allan Nyom - Cameroon
Manuel Iturra - Chile
Jeison Murillo - Colombia
Youssouf El Arabi - Morocco

Give over man :lol:

Chiles the best nation youve listed and hea averaged 3 caps a year for a decade. Larssons got more caps than them all combined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back