Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're being silly now. I'm comparing Messi with Ronaldo, nothing more.
Both top class in Spain and Champions League. Both B+ on the international stage.
But only one has been top class in a different league. I'd like to see Messi do it elsewhere, preferably here.

Maradona is the greatest player ever IMO.

Messi has Spanish League and European Cup medals at Barcelona, Maradona does not.

6 Europa Leagues out of the last 11 have gone to Spain. Only one has gone to England in the same time.

There's 19 points between 1st and 5th in this country and there's currently 16 points between 1st and 5th in Spain.

I've seen Man U struggle against Bilboa, Valencia, and Villareal, as well as being outclassed by Barca in recent years.

The football in La Liga is just of a far higher quality than the Premiership.

Really not sure it had tbh mate

In the two competitions where you can compare Spain teams records are better than our lately and I have no reason to think why that would change when you go further down the league

That's top 7s for arguments sake. I'm talking 8th to 20th as far as depth is concerned.
Their bottom teams wouldn't get results against their top teams as often as what happens here. And a crap team like us wouldn't be threatened with relegation over there.
I agree they've embarrassed us in Europe lately.

Those naming crap defenders over here are missing my point.
For ME to rate Messi above Ronaldo I'D need him to do it over here week in week out. ME! That's just my personal opinion and no one is justified in questioning MY own opinion.

That's top 7s for arguments sake. I'm talking 8th to 20th as far as depth is concerned.
Their bottom teams wouldn't get results against their top teams as often as what happens here. And a crap team like us wouldn't be threatened with relegation over there.
I agree they've embarrassed us in Europe lately.

Those naming crap defenders over here are missing my point.
For ME to rate Messi above Ronaldo I'D need him to do it over here week in week out. ME! That's just my personal opinion and no one is justified in questioning MY own opinion.

But the likes of Stoke and Hull who are in that bracket of teams you talk about have been shite in the europa league anarl

Everyone entitled to their opinion,don't agree that Ronaldo is better than Messi,but understand people saying that.

However certainly don't see why the Premier League is seen as some kind of yardstick and that a player has to perform there to be judged better than another,especially the poor standard of our league.

Everyone entitled to their opinion,don't agree that Ronaldo is better than Messi,but understand people saying that.

However certainly don't see why the Premier League is seen as some kind of yardstick and that a player has to perform there to be judged better than another,especially the poor standard of our league.

From my own point of view it's because Ronaldo has done it here.
For me to rate Messi alongside Maradona I need him to do it at a World Cup.
Personal yardsticks, I'm certainly not saying others should agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back