mariner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shite again us??

Are other football fans forums full of threads praising them?

You were part of that brigade not so long back;)

Well done you mate. You obviously would make a top official. Get out there and I'm sure you'd be loved by every fan up and down the country.
Maybe mate but not the internet friend part how some on here go on

So these people have decided to show there bias by deciding not to make us lose points. Definitely a novel approach ill give you that
50/50 decision = Man U
50/50 decision = Man U
50/50 decision = Man U
50/50 decision = Man U
50/50 decision = Man U
50/50 decision = Man U
50/50 decision = SAFC

Ratios vary depending on bias / competency of referee

Friend
Marriner
Swarbrick
Atkinson

I never said they should. The referee is supposed to be there to ensure that the game is fair (as much as is practically possible), it's a bit of a joke when they end up doing the exact opposite don't you think?

Despite all the evidence to the contrary you obviously haven't a clue to how difficult the job is

50/50 decision = Man U
50/50 decision = Man U
50/50 decision = Man U
50/50 decision = Man U
50/50 decision = Man U
50/50 decision = Man U
50/50 decision = SAFC

Ratios vary depending on bias / competency of referee

Friend
Marriner
Swarbrick
Atkinson

Log off and stop embarrassing yourself with your paranoid fuckwittery

Despite all the evidence to the contrary you obviously haven't a clue to how difficult the job is

Despite all the evidence that the referees mentioned don't give justifiable decisions in favour of SAFC you continue to defend them & resort to personal insults

A lot of jobs are difficult, many much more so than refereeing, can you accept that with the difficulties there are some refereeing decision's should not have been made?

A lot of jobs are difficult, many much more so than refereeing, can you accept that with the difficulties there are some refereeing decision's should not have been made?

If you can show me a ref that has never made a huge fuck up on a football field and I will accept it is possible and put him as the benchmark

Yes some decisions are worse than other but every ref has made huge blunders on a football field. How many more have you got to see before you realise these decisions aren't as easy as you think

If you can show me a ref that has never made a huge fuck up on a football field and I will accept it is possible and put him as the benchmark
The point is; this is the same referees game after game, season after season making decisions AGAINST SAFC
Friend
Marriner
Swarbrick
Atkinson
Other refs may have bad games. You can predict dodgy decisions from these four before a ball is kicked

Last edited:
Despite all the evidence that the referees mentioned don't give justifiable decisions in favour of SAFC you continue to defend them & resort to personal insults
Compare my earlier post below to the penna that Watford got with Deeney being 'held' and tell me again Mariner is biased. That was a clear opportunity to give Man Utd a penna in the 90th minute but Mariner ignored it in my opinion as you can even see him looking at the incident. If this was at the other end with us 2-1 down then we'd be f***ing livid as to why it wasn't a penna!

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mariner.1199658/page-6#post-22336246

Was this a penna when Ola's blocks Rooney's run and then with his left hand (out of view in this gif) grabbed Rooney's shirt and pulls it halfway up his back and then held him down by it so Rooney was clueless as to where the ball was?

Of course not as it's Ola on Rooney :lol: The beauty is that Marriner watched the block but looks away briefly but still sees most of Rooney getting ragged down :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

I have no idea what you're talking about, every ref will have made mistakes at some point nobody is denying that.

If you can't accept that there has ever been a refereeing decision which was just poor on the part of the referee then I can't see what you have to offer in this debate.

Compare my earlier post below to the penna that Watford got with Deeney being 'held' and tell me again Mariner is biased. That was a clear opportunity to give Man Utd a penna in the 90th minute but Mariner ignored it in my opinion as you can even see him looking at the incident.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mariner.1199658/page-6#post-22336246

Was this a penna when Ola's blocks Rooney's run and then with his left hand (out of view in this gif) grabbed Rooney's shirt and pulls it halfway up his back and then held him down by it so Rooney was clueless as to where the ball was?

Of course not as it's Ola on Rooney :lol: The beauty is that Marriner watched the block but looks away briefly but still sees most of Rooney getting ragged down :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

It's very rare that this type of incident is ever given as a penalty during a set play and if they were there would be penalties in every game. (until the players realised they couldn't get away with it at least)

The worst that usually happens is the ref stops the set play being taken and has a word but obviously a penalty is sometimes given.

I have no idea what you're talking about, every ref will have made mistakes at some point nobody is denying that.

If you can't accept that there has ever been a refereeing decision which was just poor on the part of the referee then I can't see what you have to offer in this debate.

Again when have I ever claimed decisions have never been poor ones by refs?

I'm on here every week saying x was a poor decision etc etc. The point I continue to make it the vast vast majority aren't as easy to spot as you and many on this forum make out. If they were easy to spot every ref who had ever reffed the game wouldn't have been missing them since the day football was invented

It's very rare that this type of incident is ever given as a penalty during a set play and if they were there would be penalties in every game. (until the players realised they couldn't get away with it at least)

The worst that usually happens is the ref stops the set play being taken and has a word but obviously a penalty is sometimes given.
It does happen now and then and Deeney got one today that was 'soft' and it's not as if Mariner didn't see this incident plus pennas have been given for less.

My simple point is that if Marriner had an agenda against us then he could have easily given that as a penna as Ola blatantly blocked Rooney's run then ragged him by the shirt and held him down. If it was at the other end with Defoe when we were 2-1 down then I'd be a bit pissed off if we didn't get a penna.

Again when have I ever claimed decisions have never been poor ones by refs?

I'm on here every week saying x was a poor decision etc etc. The point I continue to make it the vast vast majority aren't as easy to spot as you and many on this forum make out. If they were easy to spot every ref who had ever reffed the game wouldn't have been missing them since the day football was invented

My point is pretty simple, there are good referee's and poor referee's and the poor referee's get more decisions wrong than the good referee's would.

I've already said that although I saw the handball clearly, I have no idea what position the referee was in when it happened so I don;t know if he should have seen it. The linesman certainly should have because he will have had a better view than me.

My point is pretty simple, there are good referee's and poor referee's and the poor referee's get more decisions wrong than the good referee's would.

I've already said that although I saw the handball clearly, I have no idea what position the referee was in when it happened so I don;t know if he should have seen it. The linesman certainly should have because he will have had a better view than me.

Tbf to the linesman his view could have easily been obstructed by O'Shea

Ok, I'll give you a break & change tact.
Friend, Marriner, Swarbrick & Atkinson are incompetent.
Those four, in order of incompetence, are not Premier League standard referees.
They don't deserve to referee another game involving SAFC; biased or not.
Until they are relegated, we'll probably get into the same argument after the next SAFC game they officiate. They are not fit to referee.

Last edited:
It does happen now and then and Deeney got one today that was 'soft' and it's not as if Mariner didn't see this incident plus pennas have been given for less.

My simple point is that if Marriner had an agenda against us then he could have easily given that as a penna as Ola blatantly blocked Rooney's run then ragged him by the shirt and held him down. If it was at the other end with Defoe when we were 2-1 down then I'd be a bit pissed off if we didn't get a penna.

That's true, I don't think he has any agenda against us I just think he's one of the poorer referee's. I always think it's harsh when this type of incident is given as a penalty because they're not given consistently across the board.

I do think a referee can have a bias against certain teams without having an agenda against them, it's likely that most referee's have some sort of preconception about teams from the media and other outside influences.

I would highly doubt (and hope not) they would consciously act on these preconceptions but they could play a part at some level in their decision making.

Tbf to the linesman his view could have easily been obstructed by O'Shea

True, not seen any replays yet and probably won't be watching any more football until in the morning now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back