mariner

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true, I don't think he has any agenda against us I just think he's one of the poorer referee's. I always think it's harsh when this type of incident is given as a penalty because they're not given consistently across the board.

I do think a referee can have a bias against certain teams without having an agenda against them, it's likely that most referee's have some sort of preconception about teams from the media and other outside influences.

I would highly doubt (and hope not) they would consciously act on these preconceptions but they could play a part at some level in their decision making.
I agree with most of that but do think that Friend in particular has an agenda against SAFC

Andre Marriner consistently doesn't give justifiable decisions in our favour though.... game after game.
He has an agenda against SAFC and is a cheat.

All of those decisions I called in real-time

Any chance of coming up with a reason why he would cheat against us?

If you soo sure he has a agenda against us,it shouldn't be too difficult for you.

And do you think that is the sane reason Friend has a agenda against us or a different reason?

1. Friend
  2. Marriner
  3. Swarbrick
  4. Atkinson.
(In that order for their obvious bias)

Having watched them game after game after game, season after season, I don't believe they are just poor referees.
I believe (whether independently or as a conspiracy) they have an agenda against SAFC.
Cheats the lot of them.

Now all 4 of them are in it together it's one big conspiracy:lol:,before we know it they will be get the rest of them to hate us too we fucked:lol:

Once again why would them 4 refs by bias against just Sunderland?

Tin hat on.
We aren't a fashionable club.
The establishment (referee) decisions don't go in our favour.
The establishment (MOTD) don't challenge that.
Tin hat off.

Don't think I read a combination of such embrassing posts in a long time

I honestly don't know mate, he's certainly been awful for us, his last game aside.

Yes you do mate! of course you have a point that if a ref makes a mistake he should be criticised for it,as long as it is done it the right way,and make a good debate,however I will be amazed and surprised after some of the points you have made that you genuinely think any ref has a agenda against Sunderland.

I mean notion is nothing short of ridiculous and no reason whatsoever for it.

Some people are certifiably mental. as if a random ref with no association to our club would be deliberately biased against us. He could have given both teams a penalty today and both would have been harsh. He failed to give possible fouls for both sides I thought but he had an OK game. Certainly didn't favour either team.

It's not a random ref apparently it is 4 of them now! If you believe @LineMonkey

They all hate us!

Last edited:
1. Denied us a pen in 1st half for a handball
2. Foul on Kirchhoff not given
3. Foul on Rodwell near NW corner not given
4. Rooney handball in their box (another pen to us) not given
5. 2 fouls on Defoe not given
On the verge of cheating IMHO.
1 and 4 were not penalties - what do you actually think "intentional hand ball" means?

How is it stupid to say a ref should have given more fouls against us,if that's what you geniunely think?

So if you give your honest view about a decision/foul and that honest decision is that it should go against us,thats ok?

But over a course of a match to say a ref should have gave more fouls against us is stupid? canny logic that mind!

You are the one who admitted that it is just not a thing any normal fan would say. He is just saying it to be controversial and it is becoming tedious he is just saying black to white

Some people genuinely seem to think that because they are more biased or see everything through red and white specs, that makes them more of a fan.

I have never ever heard a fan who after a game says the ref should have given more fouls against us. It is just not something a true fan would ever say.

Any chance of coming up with a reason why he would cheat against us?

If you soo sure he has a agenda against us,it shouldn't be too difficult for you.

And do you think that is the sane reason Friend has a agenda against us or a different reason?

Now all 4 of them are in it together it's one big conspiracy:lol:,before we know it they will be get the rest of them to hate us too we fucked:lol:

Once again why would them 4 refs by bias against just Sunderland?

Don't think I read a combination of such embrassing posts in a long time

Yes you do mate! of course you have a point that if a ref makes a mistake he should be criticised for it,as long as it is done it the right way,and make a good debate,however I will be amazed and surprised after some of the points you have made that you genuinely think any ref has a agenda against Sunderland.

I mean notion is nothing short of ridiculous and no reason whatsoever for it.

It's not a random ref apparently it is 4 of them now! If you believe @LineMonkey

They all hate us!
I'm not a psychologist so don't know the reason some people do some things.
I do watch football though, and have observed that in recent years, the 4 refs I mentioned 'appear' to show bias against the team I support.
You might say that's because I'm a biased supporter myself, watching the game through red & white glasses, but I don't generally have a problem with referees.
However, time and time again, Sunderland don't get 'the rub of the green' / get men sent off harshly, don't get given pens in our favour, get harsh pens given against us etc when these 4 officiate.
I don't know why they 'appear' to show this bias against us, but it's an observation myself, and several other supporters have made.
I appreciate it's a difficult job to referee in the Premier League, but these 4 are either particularly bad at it, or let their own personal bias sway their decisions.

1 and 4 were not penalties - what do you actually think "intentional hand ball" means?
Id say 4 was a penalty he flicked the ball with his hand intentionally then held his face to try and fool the ref.

He missed decisions for/against both sides. The dictionary definition of 'delusional' to say the man has an agenda going into a football game.

I do watch football though, and have observed that in recent years, the 4 refs I mentioned 'appear' to show bias against the team I support.
You might say that's because I'm a biased supporter myself, watching the game through red & white glasses, but I don't generally have a problem with referees.
However, time and time again, Sunderland don't get 'the rub of the green' / get men sent off harshly, don't get given pens in our favour, get harsh pens given against us etc when these 4 officiate.
I don't know why they 'appear' to show this bias against us, but it's an observation myself, and several other supporters have made.
I appreciate it's a difficult job to referee in the Premier League, but these 4 are either particularly bad at it, or let their own personal bias sway their decisions.

Trouble with paranoid lunatics like you is when a 50/50 call goes Sunderland ways you will totally forget about it 5 minutes later but when one goes against us its suddenly turns into the worse decision known to man and proves there is some huge conspiracy against us. There wont be a football team in the league that has had a 3 month we have has when it comes to refs not costing us points yet still you have to nerve to come on here and claim bias against us. Just to reiterate you are talking 100% paranoid f***ing drivel

I understand them are you observations and don't dispute what you have seen,however I would imagine most supporters of every premier league side will have a least a couple of refs they dislike because of decisions against their team,does that mean every team has one to two refs that hate them or are biased against them? of course not.

You know as well as I do (at least I hope so) that it is unlikely in the extreme that all 4 have a grudge against Sunderland for some unknown mystery reason,or different reasons.

For your argument to make sense to me,they would have to be a reason for bias,therefore without the absence of one,I would rather think logically and put their possible mistakes against us down to coincidence.

The very fact nobody has suggested a reason even after hundreds of threads,suggests there isn't a sensible one out there and people don't want to make themselves look stupid by suggesting one.

Somebody did once say refs hate us because we in the North,it's cold and no airport so hard to get here:D,see how stupid it can get.

I understand them are you observations and don't dispute what you have seen,however I would imagine most supporters of every premier league side will have a least a couple of refs they dislike because of decisions against their team,does that mean every team has one to two refs that hate them or are biased against them? of course not.

You know as well as I do (at least I hope so) that it is unlikely in the extreme that all 4 have a grudge against Sunderland for some unknown mystery reason,or different reasons.

For your argument to make sense to me,they would have to be a reason for bias,therefore without the absence of one,I would rather think logically and put their possible mistakes against us down to coincidence.

The very fact nobody has suggested a reason even after hundreds of threads,suggests there isn't a sensible one out there and people don't want to make themselves look stupid by suggesting one.

Somebody did once say refs hate us because we in the North,it's cold and no airport so hard to get here:D,see how stupid it can get.

Marriner is the only ref that shows his bias by not awarding things against the teams he supposed to be bias against:lol:

I think marriner deliberately avoided controversy yesterday. He let quite a lot go and didn't consider any of the (dubious) penalty shouts.

I also thought he looked unfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back