Manchester United roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unashamedly starting this thread because I'm going.
I used to do all of the away games but after I lost me kid sister and as a consequence me baby niece it didn't seem important. But I'm going next week with me dad, he's never been to Old Trafford since before I was born and I'm 51. Me dads 77 so it's something else I will be able to tick off the list that I will have experienced with him.
It was a Christmas present for me mam and dad so we are stopping for the weekend and going to the Corrie tour on Sunday.
I can't wait :lol:

We usually get tickets through work for the corporate, might of spoilt ourselves last season, we jumped around like lunatics when Larsson scored, this cockney Man United fan called us lucky Mackem bastards at the end. :lol:

Well me plus 2 will be alongside you and pops there Janey. I just hope it is as good as either of the trips there last season. Well, apart from my Samsung screen getting shattered in the aftermath of Seb's winner in the league game lol.

We usually get tickets through work for the corporate, might of spoilt ourselves last season, we jumped around like lunatics when Larsson scored, this cockney Man United fan called us lucky Mackem bastards at the end. :lol:
Before the league a few of us were walking towards the cricket ground for a drink when this pissed-up Glaswegian got right in our faces calling us "mackem bastards". I told him to fuck off to Rangers or Celtic and called him a plastic. Even the bloody hot dog seller was giving us shit. I can only assume the league cup game hurt them more than they care to admit.

Best thing about OT is looking at all the plastics and coaches then realise you've had the shortest journey.

Me, cant wait :D

its one of those games where I have no expectations of anything other then a good atmosphere from our lot and seeing loads of glory hunters and tourists. Getting a lift with the Man U supporter at work so that's saved a few quid too

Well me plus 2 will be alongside you and pops there Janey. I just hope it is as good as either of the trips there last season. Well, apart from my Samsung screen getting shattered in the aftermath of Seb's winner in the league game lol.
I'm sure a shattered phone screen was a small price to pay. I just hope he enjoys it and we put on a decent performance

I used to do all of the away games but after I lost me kid sister and as a consequence me baby niece it didn't seem important. But I'm going next week with me dad, he's never been to Old Trafford since before I was born and I'm 51. Me dads 77 so it's something else I will be able to tick off the list that I will have experienced with him.
It was a Christmas present for me mam and dad so we are stopping for the weekend and going to the Corrie tour on Sunday.
Have a good trip

Before the league a few of us were walking towards the cricket ground for a drink when this pissed-up Glaswegian got right in our faces calling us "mackem bastards". I told him to fuck off to Rangers or Celtic and called him a plastic. Even the bloody hot dog seller was giving us shit. I can only assume the league cup game hurt them more than they care to admit.

Best thing about OT is looking at all the plastics and coaches then realise you've had the shortest journey.
Didnt know Fergie cared as much after Moyes took over:)

Hope you and Curly Watts are smiling on the streets of Weatherfield on Sunday

Last edited:
I'm sure a shattered phone screen was a small price to pay. I just hope he enjoys it and we put on a decent performance
I 've still not had it repaired. Still look at it (upgraded to S5) and think back to the mental celebration.....thinking of your dad's last trip, for years my dad kept regaling me with tales of the 1968 win as I'd never seen us win at OT.

Put that one nicely to bed:cool:

Im old enough to remember pre political correctness and fairness days when Annie Walkers Rovers Return had a Man City picture on the wall
I'm old enough too, mind I never understand why they don't really mention football. It's meant to be set in Manchester and when they are all standing around the bar in the Rovers surely it would come up,in conversation among the lads.

I 've still not had it repaired. Still look at it (upgraded to S5) and think back to the mental celebration.....thinking of your dad's last trip, for years my dad kept regaling me with tales of the 1968 win as I'd never seen us win at OT.

Put that one nicely to bed:cool:
I wouldn't get it repaired I'd keep it as a momento forever.
I've not seen us win there either, would have gone to the semi last year but it was me first day back at work after 3 weeks holiday so I didn't want to push me luck.
Seen us battered 4-0 and was there New Years day when we went 1-0 up after 3/4 minutes and hung on until the 90th and stoppage time when they got the equaliser and winner, among other poor results, so I'm hoping we at least don't get beat next week

Last edited:
They mention Weatherfield County when they talk footy.
I was surprised to see City fans in the rough but surprisingly friendly Salford pub I went in before Sheff Uniteds semi v Arsenal and ours v Millwall. The locals had the couple of Millwall fans who were in after they beat us, cowering in the corner. They liked us but said "they fkin hated those cockney *****"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back