Make An Indian Curry From Scratch - Al's Kitchen

I made another batch yesterday, and the freezer is full of it, made a madras yesterday and Bombay potatoes, they should be renamed volcanic potatoes, burnt my gob off.

Doing a korma next week, I've perfected the pilau rice, tastes the same as in England.

My wife JueD, no pics, said she didn't ever believe it would turn out the way it has.

Just had my first crack at this.

Base gravy is just simmering away now, although the coriander I put in turned mine a lot greener than his went.

Gonna make a Tikka Masalla with it the morra.

Got the chicken marinating in the fridge overnight.

I could probably make a curry with it right now and it'll already be far better than anything I've tried before.

Chicken methi recipe is released today.
Looks amazing that, that's next for me.

Because it's been months and months since I made any. I defrosted my last few base gravys last night and tonight made the old trusted madras (for me) and masala (for our lass) just to get me back into the swing of it.

Bloody lovely.

Just had my first crack at this.

Base gravy is just simmering away now, although the coriander I put in turned mine a lot greener than his went.

Gonna make a Tikka Masalla with it the morra.

Got the chicken marinating in the fridge overnight.

I could probably make a curry with it right now and it'll already be far better than anything I've tried before.
How was it?

Looks amazing that, that's next for me.

Because it's been months and months since I made any. I defrosted my last few base gravys last night and tonight made the old trusted madras (for me) and masala (for our lass) just to get me back into the swing of it.

Bloody lovely.

How was it?

Bloody lovely. Couldn't get the red colour that he gets but didn't take away from the taste. Made garlic pilau too and had my folks round. The whole thing went down a storm.

Got a batch of base defrosting now as it happens, been asked to try the butter chicken next.

Last edited:
Bloody lovely. Couldn't get the red colour that he gets but didn't take away from the taste. Made garlic pilau too and had my folks round. The whole thing went down a storm.

Got a batch of base defrosting now as it happens, been asked to try the butter chicken next.
Good man!

Mine never comes out with the red colour either. But I don't use chicken tikka (just normal chicken) and there is red dye in the chicken tikka pieces, so I presume that's where the colour comes from.

@AlsKitchen were you happy when the lads stayed up like?

Back