Liverpool v Real Madrid Sky Sports 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved Real Madrid since I was a subbuteo playing bairn in the 60's. Class act on and off the field.

Ripped Liverpool a new one in the first half and then did nothing of note second half - game won. Took their best players off as a final insult to Liverpool.

Real Madrid of course are the total opposite to clubs like Sunderland. Real demand the best. we're happy to settle for mediocrity. We're just happy to be in the top league, Real want to win the top leagues. Noticable that the Real players arent just quick physically, but mentally they think quick too. Its from one end to the pitch in seconds with superb passing play.

I'm going to buck a trend on here about Balotelli. The lad is obviously a f***ing prick but he is a quality player, but playing him up front with a headless chicken Sterling is going to yield zilch by way of results and goals. As we know LFC were a one man team and take Suarez out of it and they are struggling to beat even modest opposition ike QPR. Suarez with Balotelli would have been dynamite.

Liverpool seem to be going backwards not forwards but as I say with Suarez gone then its back to the drawing board for them.

I love Sunderland as much as anyone but don't think we can be compared in the same breath to be honest

I think we could build 20 Stadiums with how much they spend

Real Madrid of course are the total opposite to clubs like Sunderland. Real demand the best. we're happy to settle for mediocrity. We're just happy to be in the top league, Real want to win the top leagues. Noticable that the Real players arent just quick physically, but mentally they think quick too. Its from one end to the pitch in seconds with superb passing play.

When they spends 100 of millions every season of course they're gonna demand the best, still couldn't finish ahead of their lesser neighbours last season.

I love Sunderland as much as anyone but don't think we can be compared in the same breath to be honest

I think we could build 20 Stadiums with how much they spend
We cant be compared but I'm just trying to enphasise why. Our difference in mentality never mind transfer dealing etc. is poles apart. you have to remember that Real werent formed until about 25 years after us and until Santiago Bernebau joined the club around the end of WW2 they were nowhere near what they are now. The ground was crap and he almost single handedly built them into what they are today. Oh for someone at SAFc with such pasison and vision.

When they spends 100 of millions every season of course they're gonna demand the best, still couldn't finish ahead of their lesser neighbours last season.
Athletico are shit on the shoes of Real man. Once in a while the upstarts will jump up and give clubs like Real a bloody nose.

Real Madrid of course are the total opposite to clubs like Sunderland. Real demand the best. we're happy to settle for mediocrity. We're just happy to be in the top league, Real want to win the top leagues.

Couldn't agree more. And that's the difference between the very top clubs and the rest.

IMO all down to attitude, standards and ambition on and off the pitch.

Loved Real Madrid since I was a subbuteo playing bairn in the 60's. Class act on and off the field.

Ripped Liverpool a new one in the first half and then did nothing of note second half - game won. Took their best players off as a final insult to Liverpool.

I'm going to buck a trend on here about Balotelli. The lad is obviously a f***ing prick but he is a quality player, but playing him up front with a headless chicken Sterling is going to yield zilch by way of results and goals. As we know LFC were a one man team and take Suarez out of it and they are struggling to beat even modest opposition ike QPR. Suarez with Balotelli would have been dynamite.

Liverpool seem to be going backwards not forwards but as I say with Suarez gone then its back to the drawing board for them.

Balotelli isn't fit to lace the boots of Sterling. MB will prove to be a rubbish signing IMO, he has already sucked the pace out of Liverpool's attacks and his attitude is appalling. He doesn't have the mental side of the game, he is never making the right runs and doesn't have the determination to bust a bollock to get on the end of crosses/fumbled shots. He no doubt has the talent but without the mental bits its virtually worthless, he's not progressing as a player.

Rodgers must be desperate to get Sturridge back, they miss him almost as much as they've missed Suarez.

Balotelli isn't fit to lace the boots of Sterling. MB will prove to be a rubbish signing IMO, he has already sucked the pace out of Liverpool's attacks and his attitude is appalling. He doesn't have the mental side of the game, he is never making the right runs and doesn't have the determination to bust a bollock to get on the end of crosses/fumbled shots. He no doubt has the talent but without the mental bits its virtually worthless, he's not progressing as a player.

Rodgers must be desperate to get Sturridge back, they miss him almost as much as they've missed Suarez.
Ballotelli is a class act. Sterling is a typical English mediocre player. He was a complete passenger tonight and clearly out of his depth.

Balotelli needs someone better to play up front with.

Money plays a part in it, but ambition and standards cost fuck all
This. As a very basic commodity you have to set yourself up with some sort of standards. Our are low as fuck (including our supporters), Real's are mountainous.

And money, having much more money.
Its part of it but not all of it. Man City should have won the CL by now - they havent!

Didn't realise you were on a wind up. Never mind.
Whose on the windup?

you try and convince us that Balotelli has a bad attitude whilst extoling the virtues of a f***ing young lad who was too tired to play for England. :lol:

Its part of it but not all of it. Man City should have won the CL by now - they havent!

Whose on the windup?

you try and convince us that Balotelli has a bad attitude whilst extoling the virtues of a f***ing young lad who was too tired to play for England. :lol:

Do you really think 19 year old Sterling is a mediocre English player? Are we talking about the same England here?

Do you really think 19 year old Sterling is a mediocre English player? Are we talking about the same England here?
Here we go again. A young English football fan thinking that some over rated kid like Sterling is anything other than mediocre.

the lad is f***ing crap. Ok against Norwich City etc. but wank up against the really good sides.

Here we go again. A young English football fan thinking that some over rated kid like Sterling is anything other than mediocre.

the lad is f***ing crap. Ok against Norwich City etc. but wank up against the really good sides.
Been on the shandies?

Whereas Balotelli isn't even any good against the shite sides.

Been on the shandies?
I havent but seemingly some of you lads have. Sterling is rank average. Tons of pace but totally unable to channel it to be anything other than a minor irritant to clubs like Real and international sides like Italy.

We are never, ever going to agree so I'll just leave it there.

Whereas Balotelli isn't even any good against the shite sides.
Aye thats right - a goal every 2 and a bit games for Italy and a goal every 1 and a bit games for Milan. He is playing with a load of rank average players and Sterling will not give him any help whatsoever. I'd drop Sterling and buy someone else in the January window to play alongside him. Maybe even try Borini alongside him.

We are never, ever going to agree so I'll just leave it there.
I would if I were you because you are going nowhere with your case.

You're half right. Their off field antics say everything about them.

Also UEFA's behaviour regarding them too.

You're half right. Their off field antics say everything about them.

Also UEFA's behaviour regarding them too.
If you mean that UEFA live in fear of them then you may be right. but clearly they not only intimidate people on the field but off it too. A massively influential club who can clearly count on a fair few favours from some fairly influential people. you use all of the assets at your disposal to get to where you want to get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back