1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light painting

Discussion in 'Photography discussion' started by oROSSo, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nathanrichSAFC

nathanrichSAFC Subs Bench

I got my lenser off fleabay ross, 25 quid for a p7 and k3 , theres a place near the metro that sends out free Lee swatch books if you email them, what did I leave ken?

2. not strictly light painting, but i've got a canny night photography book. PM and I can give you the linky

edit. its a pdf :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  3. MaDMaCKeM

MaDMaCKeM Central Defender

any idea on the email? or the name of the place?
    Cheers :)

4. K3NA

K3NA Central Defender

Just a piece of wood that you fasten the wire wool to. I can drop it off before I go back to Norway.

5. MalmöMakem

MalmöMakem Midfield

Went out tonight...

Four police cars later and at home, managed to get a few shots. The joys of living in rural england!

Police were friendly enough despite me looking a bit like a poacher.

6. ayesane

ayesane Striker

what happened? :lol:

7. MalmöMakem

MalmöMakem Midfield

Just up the end of my street into the fields and there is an old coal yard. obviously a member of the public thought I was on the rob. Being by the railway, someone flashing torches rather oddly might raise a bit of suspicion.

So had four police cars come racing up, torches in the eyes. Friendly enough once I explained and helps as the old man is a bobby so they all know him. One is even quite a keen photographer themselves and we had a quick chat about the joys of night photography!

Its typical for around here. People ring up for anything. I hope they were watching as I gave a friendly wave as they drove away. :lol:

8. oROSSo

oROSSo Striker Staff Member

Found a metal dog lead, a balloon whisk and some wire wool in the garage, that's me sorted for tomorrow night

9. UaeExile

UaeExile Winger

:lol: drop me a link marra

Come to think of it, the course I've just done in photography I've got 4 PDFs... How can I host them for download, if anyone's interested?

10. beesee

beesee Goalkeeper

The public folder in dropbox is useful for this, its only public to people who know the link

11. UaeExile

UaeExile Winger

Cheers marra, looks an interesting read.

12. ayesane

ayesane Striker

:lol: sounds like a cracking night.

13. ffs. Foiled this time :mad: :)

14. MalmöMakem

MalmöMakem Midfield

Was out with the missis so it's either they thought we were robbing or dogging!

Two images I managed to get. Not perfect but it's literally a case of my just playing around to see what works best. Just using a head torch and then a smaller maglite which seems to work pretty well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. oROSSo

Lenser and led fairy lights ordered :)

16. MalmöMakem

MalmöMakem Midfield

sun sets in 40min so I'm off out with the camera. hopefully without bumping into the police again.

17. oROSSo

well my LED battery powered lights arrived, look a little dull to me.

[​IMG]

18. ayesane

ayesane Striker

Looks canny, now all you need is some coloured acetate / gels. :cool:

Did you get anything Malmo?

19. oROSSo

Got some Lee ones, flipping hundreds of the buggers actually!

20. clyde

clyde Winger

the cheapy xmas lights are ok and they will work, but if you want brighter and more variation, like maybe 2 or 3 colours in one orb then you need to buy singles or like packs of 20 or something and solder a bunch together then wire them to a battery pack with on/off switch, if you know about electrics am sure you can figure out what i mean.

something like these will do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.