Leicester away train prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only time the club themselves have put coaches on officially was for the cup final, can't think of any other game. And I don't know anyone myself who used those.

Me and my mates travel with our local supporters branch (from a small town about 12 miles from Sunderland)...usually have two coaches on per away game from our branch, three if the allocation is big. We generally pay £20 for North West games, £25 midlands, £30/£35 London by coach.

I think most of our fans prefer independent ways of travelling because we can have soft drinks on the way down ;)

I booked mine weeks ago for £38.00 Going via york and sheffield is now £81. Thats 4 journeys there / but just the 2 trains IIRC, then 3 trains coming back

you can do it for around £60 if you are prepared to hang about like for 45mins a time for the next connection both ways

PS: is the 18:01 from Leicester do-able, if you leave at 5:10pm.. Train station is 1.5miles from ground?

Ncl Yrk 09:42 10:41
Yrk Sheff 10:45 11:52
Sheff Derby 11:54 12:26
Derby Leicester 13:01 13:22
Leicester Derby 18:01 18:23
Derby Sheff 18:25 18:58
Sheff York 19:22 20:30
Yrk Ncl 20:35 21:42

Comes back @ £75.00. If you need any help booking or if times are no good, then PM me
1.5 miles in 50 mins very do-able but why would u wait until 5.10 before leaving the ground

1.5 miles in 50 mins very do-able but why would u wait until 5.10 before leaving the ground
well, im looking at all options, if by chance we win 8-0 I'd like to stay and applaude the team. 5:10pm would be the lastest I leave the ground

Anyone managed to get any decent prices for this? Cheapest i can find is £97.
If your not going by yourself get a 2 together railcard (if your going to travel with said person more than this one trip) and that should help bring prices down

IIRC, East Coast do 25% off if you book in groups of 3 or more

Look at EC to Sheffield, then midlands (or local train provider) to Leicester

There are a lot of ways to Leicester by train - change at Sheffield or Derby being the most straightforward/obvious.

But - if you can get a decent fare deal to/from Peterboro, you could then get a separate ticket Peterboro - Leicester (hourly service). It's further in terms of miles, but that often has little to do with fares these days.

A bit more messy (and I doubt the train connections work very well - but you never know) would be

a) Newcastle - Newark, then change for Lincoln - Leicester train (hourly service). You might have to walk across Newark though - it has two stations - and I think most of the Leicester trains go via Castle, not Northgate (the station on the Kings X line).

or

b) Newcastle - Grantham, then Nottingham ( 2 trains per hour) then Leicester.

Fancy the train for most away games, but this seems an expensive chew on! Either driving or the bus for this one me.

anyone living around Notts, Derby etc struggling to get to the game on train, give me a shout via PM

Current price from N/East via York, Sheffield & Derby is £68, as of 8pm last night. Sheffield (or Derby) to Leicester is £21 and £11 respectively

Just because you book 2 for 3 different journeys doesn't mean you have to change trains? In fact 99% of the time u can book same train from day Newcastle to York (0935 - 1032) then York to Derbt (1035 - 1212)

I'll be going from leeds and at the minute im looking at Leeds to Leicester with one change at sheffield, £101.95 between two people

I'll be going from leeds and at the minute im looking at Leeds to Leicester with one change at sheffield, £101.95 between two people
PM me!.. are you limited to time? ie: what time do/can you leave home, and could you be at Leicester station for 6pm after the game?

Leeds to Leicester Day Return is only £43 each.. flexible journey down changing once at Chesterfield or Sheffield

Return on the 17:30, 18:01, 18:30 or 19:01

so not sure where the fuck you were looking at £50 odd quid each

Last edited:
EDIT: got it down to £34.40 each per booking by booking 2 singles from Leeds-Chester-Leeds and 1 return from Chest-Leic-Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back