Left Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

safcrob

Winger
This is usually the position that needs filling all the time, so de we need a new left back or are we ok?

If we sign Nzogbia he will be 2nd choice left back and 2nd choice winger/midfielder. If he doesn't sign then i'd say yes we need another left back as Robson isn't good enough imo. But before we sign a left back, we need a right back, a striker and a centre half as well as an attacking midfielder. Time is running out, and it's very frustrating for all of us

If we sign Nzogbia he will be 2nd choice left back and 2nd choice winger/midfielder. If he doesn't sign then i'd say yes we need another left back as Robson isn't good enough imo. But before we sign a left back, we need a right back, a striker and a centre half as well as an attacking midfielder. Time is running out, and it's very frustrating for all of us
Thought Robson was decent at Watford. To say he isn't good enough at this stage is a bit premature IMO

I'll agree with the majority here, that Robson lad deserves a chance as cover. Has shown against Watford and in preseason that he's good enough, he won't offer much going forward as yet but seems like he can do the most important job of defending well enough.

It's also about time we have a little confidence in a pretty decent group of youngsters.

I would say we need 2 full backs
A centre half
2 central midfielders, one who can play further up the pitch
a centre forward

6 players. 2 or 3 who need to go straight into the first team

Unless Moyes has faith in Robson/N'Zogbia, we'll be looking for cover for PvA.
I don't think we will be signing a left back. Billy jones can cover there too. And o'shea at a push. More pressing matters elsewhere I'd suggest.

I would say we need 2 full backs
A centre half
2 central midfielders, one who can play further up the pitch
a centre forward

6 players. 2 or 3 who need to go straight into the first team
I'd like to see us bring in a centre half to put Kaboul into 3rd choice. I like Kaboul but that's how teams progress. I'd be disappointed if we signed 6 players and only 2 are first team regulars. That's the mistake we've been making for the past however many seasons imo.

As long as PVA keeps getting caught out of position and keeps turning his back every single time a winger tries to cross a ball past him like a big girls blouse we need a new left back. At present though we have a more pressing issues with the defence in that we have a completely dogshit right back. Mind I would still like to see 2 new fullbacks

Moyes likes overlapping/attacking full-backs.

PVA was very impressive towards the end of last season, he has also signed a new contract recently.

He will be starting and won't be going anywhere.

This is usually the position that needs filling all the time, so de we need a new left back or are we ok?
Drunken pub lads talking 2 year ago that pva is no good and are still too dumb and stubborn to realise that a once ordinary player has blossomed into a very good premiership quality lb.
You know these sort of drunken idiots i'm sure

Unless Moyes has faith in Robson/N'Zogbia, we'll be looking for cover for PvA.

I would like to think Moyes will take a chance on a few of our youths. Our academy needs to start producing, I don't watch the reserves much myself like so no idea if Robson is good enough.

I don't think we will be signing a left back. Billy jones can cover there too. And o'shea at a push. More pressing matters elsewhere I'd suggest.

I'd like to see us bring in a centre half to put Kaboul into 3rd choice. I like Kaboul but that's how teams progress. I'd be disappointed if we signed 6 players and only 2 are first team regulars. That's the mistake we've been making for the past however many seasons imo.

Thing is, with us though is that at most points of the season 2 or 3 of our regulars are crocked so we need players who will be of a similar level but who wont piss their pants if they arent getting a game every week.

Yep. Every signing we make should be for the first team and our current first teamers should be their cover if we really want to progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back