LEEDS!

• Thread starter Deleted member 20380
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean some people wouldn't actually go if they weren't offered one!

Seeing as we're playing Thursday it'll be nailed on a Sunday game as will most Premier league sides
Yeah i've read that prem games will be requested to move, but can be played monday or tuesday which would be shite

I've lived in Leeds for nearly 15 years and make no mistake they will be up for it. They will bring a large following as the occasional big away games in cups is all they have had to enjoy the last few years eg Man U, arsenal, spurs etc. I'm looking forward to the banter but just hope we turn up for it too & there's a decent home crowd

Had some decent trips at Elland Road like. I was there for Keane's 2nd game in charge and it was class. 3-0 to us, loads of beers and a good old sing song in the pub right next to their ground (Shearer is a wanker chant springs to mind), and one of their fans trying to confront Royston on the touchline!

Great night there in 1993 as well when we beat them 2-1 in the League Cup. Big bad Don and Phil Gray :cool:

I was at both of those, fuckin class!

BUT ..... They are honestly the worst 'Highlights' I have ever seen :lol:

I was at both of those, fuckin class!

BUT ..... They are honestly the worst 'Highlights' I have ever seen :lol:

Without a doubt, shite highlights!! Two great nights though. I remember it absolutely pissed down when we won 2-1. Beat them by the same scoreline at Roker too :cool:

FA Cup rules say that (segregation and police advice allowing) teams are entitled to 25% of the capacity, which is 12,000. There's no way NP will allow this to happen, but I can see them getting around 8,000 seats in the south stand, similar to what Everton received in the replay a couple of years ago. Carlisle were offered the south stand last season but had to pay for all tickets upfront, something they weren't willing to commit to, so they just took the 5,500 in the North Upper.

FA Cup rules say that (segregation and police advice allowing) teams are entitled to 25% of the capacity, which is 12,000. There's no way NP will allow this to happen, but I can see them getting around 8,000 seats in the south stand, similar to what Everton received in the replay a couple of years ago. Carlisle were offered the south stand last season but had to pay for all tickets upfront, something they weren't willing to commit to, so they just took the 5,500 in the North Upper.
Sorry but it's 15% not 25%

You mean some people wouldn't actually go if they weren't offered one!

Seeing as we're playing Thursday it'll be nailed on a Sunday game as will most Premier league sides
No I mean it might encourage people who were not going to go.

No I mean it might encourage people who were not going to go.

If people weren't going to go then changed their mind due to the offer of a loyalty point really shouldn't be going to the match..

They'll get 3,000 same as Middlesbrough, they had theirs restricted last time..

I've lived here for nearly 9 year now, and Leeds fans don't give a shit about Sunderland. We are just another team to them.
They would say that given the last decade ;) they care alright. Although in fairness they tend to worry more about the likes of Bournemouth Brentford and Yeovil in recent years.

Oh, and Histon :)

Hate Leeds but there have been some great games between the teams over the years. Rather we played teams like this and the sheffields regularly than outfits such as palace and swansea

Hope leeds get the full 7k allocation, but more likely to get 5k like man utd did last season, hopefully £15 a ticket and we might get 35k !

My earliest memory was when john kay broke haddock's leg at roker. What year was that again? Was only a yung'n.

His leg wasn't broken. The massive fuss made by the leeds players, staff and manager, the stretcher etc was all just to get Kay sent off. Haddock wasn't even seriously injured and was back playing within a couple of weeks.

Leeds have only ever been successful by cheating - whether it was under Revie in the 60s-70s or Wilkinson in the 80s-90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back