Last album you listened to from start to finish?

She's still knocking about? She spat a bit of roast potato onto my face once at The Old Trout in Windsor, back when she was a shy young (HOT!) thing dating Tim Gane in the pre-Stereolab era. McCarthy had broken up and he was gigging with Moose as the third (!) guitarist in a shoe-gazing outfit. Happy days they were.
I hope it was accidental! Yes she is still knocking about and puts out excellent solo albums every few years. Tim Gane still releases new music too with Cavern Of Anti-Matter. How did your paths cross?

I hope it was accidental! Yes she is still knocking about and puts out excellent solo albums every few years. Tim Gane still releases new music too with Cavern Of Anti-Matter. How did your paths cross?
I was really into Wolfhounds and McCarthy back then and they always ligged about together so I got to know Tim Gane pretty well, especially when Stereolab started up. He was always friendly and a genuinely nice bloke, she was fine at first. Got a bit snooty as the band took off more.
The potato thing was her talking enthusiastically about singing backing vocals on a McCarthy album while she was eating her Sunday lunch. Splat, chunk of spud flew out her mouth and stuck on my cheek. Bang goes the studied cool I was aiming for while chatting to a glacially sexy French girl.

Back