King size beds

Status
Not open for further replies.
so really you lived in a tent? :lol:

Sort of! Its hard to describe, the flat was lush, and the room was big, just the lass who lived their previously had installed this git huge bed, I just embraced it in the end. No idea how she got it in the room.

One and a half square feet doesn't sound that much greater either.

That's not how the numbers work, I don't think (cue the "Yanks are thick as fuck, therefore you're wrong" views). You're not adding a 3 inch by 6 inch strip to the bed. You're adding a 3 inch by the entire bed width strip onto the bottom, and then 6 inches onto the entire length. Assuming a standard double of 4.5ft x 6.25 feet (54in x 75in), you're adding .25ft x 4.5ft onto the bottom (1.125 sq feet there) and then half a foot wide onto the entire new length (.5 x 6.5) (3.25 sq feet), totaling 4.375 additional square feet. As someone who owns beds of both sizes, it's a noticeable difference.

Last edited:
Had a King Size for 20 years and can't stand regular doubles these days. If you're over six foot your feet hang off the end ffs.

That's not how the numbers work. You're not adding a 3 inch by 6 inch strip to the bed. You're adding a 3 inch by the entire bed width strip onto the bottom, and then 6 inches onto the entire length. Assuming a standard double of 4.5ft x 6.25 feet (54in x 75in), you're adding .25ft x 4.5ft onto the bottom (1.125 sq feet there) and then half a foot wide onto the entire new length (.5 x 6.5) (3.25 sq feet), totaling 4.375 additional square feet. As someone who owns beds of both sizes, it's a noticeable difference.

Oh don't start with maths. It always goes f***ing wrong on here when someone starts with maths

Sort of! Its hard to describe, the flat was lush, and the room was big, just the lass who lived their previously had installed this git huge bed, I just embraced it in the end. No idea how she got it in the room.
i bought a hand made steel framed kingsize off someone in portishead ...... went to collect it and the head end is at least 8 foot wide. Was in a 3 storey new build amd had a staicase that kept turning back on itself...... took an absolute age to get it out, like threading a camel through the eye of a needle........ the woman i bought it off couldnt remember how theyd got it in and didnt want any paintwork damaged it was red hot day and i was sweating like a bastard...... f***ing gorgeous bed mind

i bought a hand made steel framed kingsize off someone in portishead ...... went to collect it and the head end is at least 8 foot wide. Was in a 3 storey new build amd had a staicase that kept turning back on itself...... took an absolute age to get it out, like threading a camel through the eye of a needle........ the woman i bought it off couldnt remember how theyd got it in and didnt want any paintwork damaged it was red hot day and i was sweating like a bastard...... f***ing gorgeous bed mind

PIVOT!!!!! :lol:

PIVOT!!!!! :lol:
seriously it was nightmare:lol:........ woman was selling up and wanted no damage, stood over us the whole time. Its made of half inch solid steel weighs a f***ing ton and wasnt the easiest thing to manipulate trust me. Worth it though £850 bed for £200:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back