Kagawa and Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like they're on their way out at Manchester United. Anyone else think we should stick a bid in? They were both brought in for large fees, but neither one has done much of anything to justify a large transfer fee this time round, so why not? Probably looking to just get what they can for them at this point. Worst that can happen is Man Utd say no (which is likely)

Would rather have Kagawa myself, and he'd be much cheaper than Fellaini, whose price is of course dramatically over what he's worth because Moyes JUST HAD TO HAVE HIM. Transfermarkt says 20m for Fellaini, which is beyond ridiculous if you ask me. Not worth it or even close to that, not worth bothering with.

They also suggest a market value of 14m pounds for Kagawa, which I think is kind of silly at this point. I think he'd be more of a good 9-11 million pounds sort of player, but if Dortmund want him back there's no way he'd come here.

They just didn't fit at United for some reason but they've shown plenty of ability so doesn't mean they wouldn't do well elsewhere. I say make an offer for Kagawa, he's worth at least what Borini is. Let's show some ambition for once. Merchandise sales in Japan should recoup a portion of it if he does well for us.

Deluded fukwit

Which we wouldnt come close to.
i think he was joking

Would rather have Kagawa myself, and he'd be much cheaper than Fellaini, whose price is of course dramatically over what he's worth because Moyes JUST HAD TO HAVE HIM. Transfermarkt says 20m for Fellaini, which is beyond ridiculous if you ask me. Not worth it or even close to that, not worth bothering with.
I don't think that's official.

LOL i figured this thread would get such a reaction. hahaha I'm not trying to be a WUM though, of course I don't see us having a realistic chance at those players - and I said as much in the original post.

But i don't think anything is lost by showing some ambition in the market for whoever it is, even if the other side say no

my point stands, we need a marquee signing from somewhere, and if the money's available for Borini and he's not coming, let's show some ambition, do what can be done to link the club with a few big names in the media, and before long hopefully some decent skilful player will actually be available and willing for what we were going to pay Borini

And yeah, the comment about shirt sales in Japan was sarcastic, I should've put a wink next to it

I've heard Ronaldo is available for £1billion, worth considering like, think he could do a job for us? Cheeky bid?

no chance at all

Anderson on the other hand could be one that we could get, not sure would be worth the risk on a permanent deal but on loan could be a good signing

no chance at all

Anderson on the other hand could be one that we could get, not sure would be worth the risk on a permanent deal but on loan could be a good signing

Under Bruce I'm sure this would have been a nailed on deal along with a few other fringe players. Cleverley on loan perhaps?

Oh, I admit that the chance of either the player or the team accepting would be very, very small. But I don't reckon Borini's coming and I'd like to see that money offered to Liverpool spent on a marquee signing of some sort, can't hurt to try.

Anyone who uses the phrase "Marquee Signing" should be banned from ever talking about football.

LOL i figured this thread would get such a reaction. hahaha I'm not trying to be a WUM though, of course I don't see us having a realistic chance at those players - and I said as much in the original post.

But i don't think anything is lost by showing some ambition in the market for whoever it is, even if the other side say no

my point stands, we need a marquee signing from somewhere, and if the money's available for Borini and he's not coming, let's show some ambition, do what can be done to link the club with a few big names in the media, and before long hopefully some decent skilful player will actually be available and willing for what we were going to pay Borini

And yeah, the comment about shirt sales in Japan was sarcastic, I should've put a wink next to it
Even if Fellaini would come I don't think he would suite our passing style. He is too big and slow and only really useful in set pieces.

I agree that we need a marquee signing though but those 2 are not it.

looks like they're on their way out at Manchester United. Anyone else think we should stick a bid in? They were both brought in for large fees, but neither one has done much of anything to justify a large transfer fee this time round, so why not? Probably looking to just get what they can for them at this point. Worst that can happen is Man Utd say no (which is likely)

They also suggest a market value of 14m pounds for Kagawa, which I think is kind of silly at this point. I think he'd be more of a good 9-11 million pounds sort of player, but if Dortmund want him back there's no way he'd come here.

They just didn't fit at United for some reason but they've shown plenty of ability so doesn't mean they wouldn't do well elsewhere. I say make an offer for Kagawa, he's worth at least what Borini is. Let's show some ambition for once. Merchandise sales in Japan should recoup a portion of it if he does well for us.
You've talked yourself out of buying them!

Heard they can't wait to join us. They will play for free anarl.

Sign them up Gus

AMBITION ALERT, AMBITION ALERT.

Kagawa will join Ji at Dortmund and Fellaini will follow where Moyes end up. End of thread.

They're never going to forgo their current salaries for what clubs like ours will pay. So, if they are unlikely to be off loaded on permanent deals as the "big paying" clubs consider them over priced too, then a loan signing will be possible. But unlikely to be the likes of SAFC, more likely outside the EPL .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back