Kagawa and Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaSlave

Full Back
looks like they're on their way out at Manchester United. Anyone else think we should stick a bid in? They were both brought in for large fees, but neither one has done much of anything to justify a large transfer fee this time round, so why not? Probably looking to just get what they can for them at this point. Worst that can happen is Man Utd say no (which is likely)

Would rather have Kagawa myself, and he'd be much cheaper than Fellaini, whose price is of course dramatically over what he's worth because Moyes JUST HAD TO HAVE HIM. Transfermarkt says 20m for Fellaini, which is beyond ridiculous if you ask me. Not worth it or even close to that, not worth bothering with.

They also suggest a market value of 14m pounds for Kagawa, which I think is kind of silly at this point. I think he'd be more of a good 9-11 million pounds sort of player, but if Dortmund want him back there's no way he'd come here.

They just didn't fit at United for some reason but they've shown plenty of ability so doesn't mean they wouldn't do well elsewhere. I say make an offer for Kagawa, he's worth at least what Borini is. Let's show some ambition for once. Merchandise sales in Japan should recoup a portion of it if he does well for us.

Whilst neither have been a success at Man Utd I would think they'll go to sides much better than us, sides playing in Europe. Kagawa was superb in a title winning Dortmund side (he may go back there) and Fellaini looked very good in a couple of different positions for Everton

Both of the players you mentioned are much more 'proven' than Borini, we'd have no chance unfortunately

looks like they're on their way out at Manchester United. Anyone else think we should stick a bid in? They were both brought in for large fees, but neither one has done much of anything to justify a large transfer fee this time round, so why not? Probably looking to just get what they can for them at this point. Worst that can happen is Man Utd say no (which is likely)

Would rather have Kagawa myself, and he'd be much cheaper than Fellaini, whose price is of course dramatically over what he's worth because Moyes JUST HAD TO HAVE HIM. Transfermarkt says 20m for Fellaini, which is beyond ridiculous if you ask me. Not worth it or even close to that, not worth bothering with.

They also suggest a market value of 14m pounds for Kagawa, which I think is kind of silly at this point. I think he'd be more of a good 9-11 million pounds sort of player, but if Dortmund want him back there's no way he'd come here.

They just didn't fit at United for some reason but they've shown plenty of ability so doesn't mean they wouldn't do well elsewhere. I say make an offer for Kagawa, he's worth at least what Borini is. Let's show some ambition for once. Merchandise sales in Japan should recoup a portion of it if he does well for us.
are you taking the piss get in the real world ffs

Are you for real?

I f***ing hate this whole "Oh merchandising will pay for itself/shirt sales" BS. Its such a simplistic shallow way of thinking about things.

How long have you had a serious drug problem?

I'm sure we've got loads more to offer Kagawa than Dortmund do, or any of the dozens of other rich, successful Champions League clubs that will inevitably be interested in him as well.

Oh, I admit that the chance of either the player or the team accepting would be very, very small. But I don't reckon Borini's coming and I'd like to see that money offered to Liverpool spent on a marquee signing of some sort, can't hurt to try.

Step away from the crack pipe

I'm sure we've got loads more to offer Kagawa than Dortmund do, or any of the dozens of other rich, successful Champions League clubs that will inevitably be interested in him as well.

Again, I understand that if Dortmund or someone big come knocking there's no way. But my original post wasn't even motivated by these specific players so much as the fact that I think we should be trying our hardest for a big signing from SOMEWHERE this time around in the 10-15 million pound range, especially with Borini so doubtful.

Are you taking the piss here? :lol::lol::lol:

They wouldn't even contemplate coming to Sunderland, not even for a second.

Step away from the crack pipe

step away? sounds like he has been on it all week

Again, I understand that if Dortmund or someone big come knocking there's no way. But my original post wasn't even motivated by these specific players so much as the fact that I think we should be trying our hardest for a big signing from SOMEWHERE this time around in the 10-15 million pound range, especially with Borini so doubtful.
Fair enough, I take your point. If we can bid that for Borini we must have the cash available so I just trust that we're actively looking for alternatives right now.

People expecting us to sign players like Kagawa and Felliani are the reason transfer windows on here are a f***ing nightmare

Worst thread ever.....

No is the answer. No. No. No. No. No.

Never would they ever even consider coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back