Jumpers for goalposts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not that much. The lads who claimed they were good at footie seemed not to like it that much for some reason.

Me mate and me were a little bit better at football than the others. So we all played HnV and started on 10 points. Standard procedure, concede a goal as keeper you lose a point.

Anyway the other 3 were out and it was down to me best mate and me, both on 1 point. We got our other mate to act as a set up, basically just laying shots off for us. Me mate lobbed one to me and it bounced once, just as the second bounce happened I half volleyed it into the corner. Me mate was adamant it bounced twice (Half volleys are allowed outside the box) and I said once.

Stormed off and didn't speak to me for a week. Eventually got back to normal but I went for a pint with him over Christmas time brought it up and said he;s still sure it bounced twice!

Funny thing kickabouts.

rush goalie was when the sides wer'nt even, so you could have a goalie who could play outfield, the other teams goalie was stick goalie

Anyone play cooler?

Find a wall and just deflect the ball off it, one touch, 3 misses and you are out.

Presume it was named after Steve McQueen in The Great Escape

Also known as wallie? Great game, basically squash but with a football.

Used to love playing one man Wembo, whenever it was suggested to play it I was having none of it until the last minute when the game was about to start and I would say I'm playing. Then put my heart and soul into trying to get through each round, putting in tackles like psycho off mean machine when I got annoyed waiting for the ball to come back from the two lads dribbling the ball and holding it up from miles away.

We used to play Doors in the back lane where everybody would have their own door as their goal. Three goals against you and you were out. The trick was not to score against the good kids to piss them off.
One time we had to move down the lane because the was a used jamrag stuck on the door handle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back