Jumpers for goalposts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aye but but 10 half time 20 the winner.
What about when one of your team got called in by his ma for dinner.

We used to play till darkness then moved down to the harbour and played under the big lights using the bus stop atyle building area as the goals

Got sick of post and ins so called them all nul and void. Then when I went in net, used to pull someones jumper in to make the goal smaller. Classic gamesmanship

We used a brick as one of the goal posts for a while.

That didn't last too long though cos I tried to clear it off the line and kicked the brick instead of the ball :lol:

internash down Herrington park in the mid 1970s. Normally on a Sunday afternoon. One goal saw you through to the next round and two goals you'd won the final. Then the classic three and in. Jumpers and parkas were goalposts.

Or turning your bikes upside down.
That's what us hard nuts used to do anyway :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
it was always better when we knicked some traffic cones for goal posts, there was a pair of the over the cricket field for over 10 year we used them every day if the werent goal posts they were stumps for cricket

Got sick of post and ins so called them all nul and void. Then when I went in net, used to pull someones jumper in to make the goal smaller. Classic gamesmanship
We had one like you: he was a total twat.

We used to end up with one goal being three or four yards smaller than the other one, but if you went to try and measure them this little fuckwit would try and start a fight over it.

We had one like you: he was a total twat.

We used to end up with one goal being three or four yards smaller than the other one, but if you went to try and measure them this little fuckwit would try and start a fight over it.

Well my team mates didn't think I was a twat :cool:

We used to play deflections don't count like has to be intentional.

Only heads/volleys allowed in the box
Headers and volleys was a variation we used to play. I once joined a game, with a real goal (no nets) in the park. Curled in an absolute beauty of a goal - right footed from close to the bye line on the left hand side. I wheeled away to celebrate only to be told that it was headers and volleys and I was now in nets.

Ahhh the good old days when footy could be played anywhere. Only issue was if it was a goal or not. The height of the bar always a difficult one to judge.
Size of the keeper made the size of the crossbar
No throw in line
No offsides
Penna or goal
Change keeper after 2 goals
Never any fouls

Great days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back