Julio arca singing yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have had a season ticket for over 15 years you tosser and Arca played about 15 games at LB for us over his entire time here, he spent most of the Championship seasons you are alluding to playing at Left Wing with George McCartney at LB.

Apology accepted. Twat
Ok, bad memory - it was the failed play off season, not the promotion season.
No need to go on like a total dickhead though.

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2012/august/julio-arca
In McCarthy's first full season, Arca featured regularly at left-back, as the Black Cats reached the FA Cup Semi-Finals but were defeated in the 2004 Play-Offs on penalties to Crystal Palace.
But Arca proved was clearly head and shoulders above his contemporaries in terms of ability, his performances earning rave reviews and predictions of an imminent call-up to the full Argentina squad
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/3349923.stm
Sunderland boss Mick McCarthy says he is not interested in selling Julio Arca to Celtic.
BBC Sport understands Celtic boss Martin O'Neill is preparing a bid for the 22-year-old Sunderland left-back.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11695/2281726/arca-i-almost-quit-black-cats
I'll always be grateful to Mick McCarthy for the opportunity he gave me to prove myself in my proper position.
"He gave me the opportunity and he took all the pressure off me. You always want to play and my ambition is to play for my national team. If I am not playing there is no chance of that happening.
"I have been playing as a left back since I was eight or nine, and while it wasn't too different playing as a winger I think I have more space to use on the pitch from the back - I have the ball more and I can do more with it.
"Having seen me play there this season I hope both the manager and the supporters think they are seeing me at my best. But, of course, I have no excuses now!

I maintain, the season where he mostly played at left back, he looked outstanding.
Apart from that season, he only played a handful of games there, and I'd admit, he never looked the same there - seemed to take a while to settle in to the tactical side of playing in a back four.

He played there more in that play-off season, but even then was mainly left midfield. Certainly from Xmas-ish onwards when McCartney was in the team at left back (early in the season McCartney had been out of the side and at centre back with Julio left back as you have alluded)

He did play at left back as a youngster in Argentina though.

He played there more in that play-off season, but even then was mainly left midfield. Certainly from Xmas-ish onwards when McCartney was in the team at left back (early in the season McCartney had been out of the side and at centre back with Julio left back as you have alluded)

He did play at left back as a youngster in Argentina though.

From memory alone, it was a run of about 15-20 games at left back. It was brilliant.

Is my memory playing tricks on me or something, iirc he stayed at the club long after Reid/Saxton left, leaving after his second relegation (15 points) as he wanted to remain in the top flight?
And the powers that be had a purge to reduce the wage bill ......

About 15 I'll give you and yeah he was canny at that level. Better at Left Midfield though.

Top bloke.

Love Hoolio f***ing legend would love to see him back in some role :)

He turned up at the Kevin Philips talk in at the Companions Club in Shields the other week. No Billy Big Bollock attitude, turned up, queued with everyone else to get in, handed his ticket over and was just a bloke having a pint with his marras. (albeit a bloke with marras posing on stage for photo with fans at half time:lol:)

He lived years ago round Washington Village but he now lives in some of the converted old town houses ashbrooke way..............

Mate of mine owns the property next to his in Washington village and apparently he still owns it but rents it out. I have met him a few times and he seems like a really nice down to earth bloke.

I saw him at Newcastle airport a few weeks after he signed for Boro and their team were in going on a pre season trip. I had my two young daughters with me as we were all off on a family holiday and he posed for pictures and was great with them.

Loved Julio and was gutted when he signed for the Boro. Remember having a blinder for them from centre mid v Man Utd pretty soon after he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back