Johnson and Mannone to lose squad places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only reason Johnson could lose his place is if you consider his transfer fee. Performance wise Buckley did fuck all more than Johnson on Saturday yet it was the latter who was taken off. Johnson is our most important player and its getting a bit annoying to see Gus persisting with one of his own buys while taking a proven quality player off the field.

AJ is either sub or subbed each and every week. That tells its own story. Most on here want to see AJ getting more pitch time but GP clearly strongly disagrees with that thought. In fact so much so that he often crowns how much he dislikes AJ as a player by chopping him off for Altidore!

I suspect a few on here might be right that GP is realising that managing Sunderland is far from easy and the upsides are unfortunately largely outweighed by the downsides. Getting sacked, the pay off that comes with it, and starting again elsewhere is probably not too far from GP's mind.

Johnsons struggled the LEAST of all of our players, just more is expected of him because of the price tag and england caps. Gus is losing the plot.

We all know Johnson is inconsistent but Gus is really pissing me off with his treatment of the lad.

Gus loves Bucker... he'll start ahead of AJ, guaranteed. I like Buckley, but I wouldn't put him in ahead of AJ.
Only a complete know-nowt idiot would pick Buckley ahead of Johnson like. It's on a par in the ridiculous decision stakes with selling Sess for 6m and turning down 5m for Ji.

Last edited:
He'll be bringing f***ing Backover Bridcutt in next
PLEASE!!! NO NO NO NOT EVEN IN f***ing JEST. YES I'M SHOUTING!!!! I WILL BE DEVASTATED IF THAT FUCKWIT IS PLAYING AT PALACE.
Calmer now, Is Gus trying to push the patience of the fans knowing there will only be a few (relatively speaking) at Palace? Put Johnna in - let him play wide and attack and get crosses in for a forward or possibly two playing in the centre and not out wide. We have defenders and midfielders who can track back. Let magicman do his stuff ffs.

arse was firmly in the back seat of the gus bus happy as larry but the way johnson is being treated is ludicrous. we need a proper song for johnson imo. the lads a confidence player and the the times he does show what he can do he gets a few claps, yet when cattermole does anythin half decent the south stand go crazy singing his song. may even show gus how well thought of johnson is compared to golden boy buckley

Johnson can't run and doesn't have the required fitness and stamina to play for 90 minutes. Doesn't seem to be putting in the hours in training to rectify this either. Shocking for a professional footballer really.

Johnson can't run and doesn't have the required fitness and stamina to play for 90 minutes. Doesn't seem to be putting in the hours in training to rectify this either. Shocking for a professional footballer really.
I implied this earlier and got into trouble for it. Brace yourself.

He's still better than f***ing Buckley like.

We have one player in our squad who can create anything and his name is Adam Johnson.

Unfortunately he appears to be Poyet's scapegoat
spot on mate every time its Johnson , i would be just as concerned having Pantillimon

he needs to play north side of the half way line to be effective , scapegoat AJ for Poyets utter shambles of a game plan

No chance we'll give 4231 a shot. He'll persist with this shitty 451 where we have very little threat.

I'm not sure how HITC can derive that headline from the quote - where does he say he's dropping them for the squad? That said Johnson should play every game.

No chance we'll give 4231 a shot. He'll persist with this shitty 451 where we have very little threat.
It will be criminal if we don't even try to get AJ, Ricky and Giacc into the same eleven. If they can't all play together, why are they here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back