Johnson and Mannone to lose squad places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropping them to the bench I can understand, but dropping them entirely from the squad?!

#headsgone

Mannone deserves to be dropped but the point I'd make about Johnson is that he has done very little since he came here. the fact that we paid what £12m for him and £10m for rodwell and neither are guaranteed a place in the starting line up ahead of say Larsson is an indicment on:

1. how poorly managed these players are, and/or
2. how poor our transfer dealings are

We're moaning about having no money when we have frittered away £20m+ in transfer fees on these 2, plus wages.

I can see the sense in dropping Mannone.....he looks battered and is playing extremely poorly

I'd play Johnson tho....

I am starting to think that Gus has a personal agenda against AJ
Nice piece of idle and pointless speculation.

People seem to have forgotten that Johnson has already been dropped this season. There is nothing in that article suggesting he will be Danny Grahamed.

Mannone deserves to be dropped but the point I'd make about Johnson is that he has done very little since he came here. the fact that we paid what £12m for him and £10m for rodwell and neither are guaranteed a place in the starting line up ahead of say Larsson is an indicment on:

1. how poorly managed these players are, and/or
2. how poor our transfer dealings are

We're moaning about having no money when we have frittered away £20m+ in transfer fees on these 2, plus wages.

Johnson struggled in his first season performance wise but did ok stats wise, he improved last season and was still ok stats wise and he's easily our most dangerous player this season. If anything Johnson has struggled because most of the players he plays with are crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back