John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god that Mourinho and Guardiola don't read SMB to realise how shit he is

What's your view of him mate?
Sure you have seen a lot more than us!

On a number of occasions I've watched him and thought he was playing in the wrong position. Wouldn't he be much better suited to a deep lying midfield role, sitting in front of 2 centre halfs in a system where the full backs are encouraged to get forward?

He doesn't look strong enough or aggressive enough for a centre back to me, but he's very comfortable on the ball, gets his head up and his range of passing is excellent.

£55m is ridiculous IMO. It would £20-25m tops if he was German, Dutch, Italian or French and sat a tournament on the bench! We ALWAYS get excited when a CH can actually PASS a fkn ball.

He's worth double cos he's young and fearless (clueless) and is willing to risk coming out of defence with the ball? Rio was the same but experience taught him not to run out of defence with the fkn ball!:rolleyes:

Stones needs to be MOTM in 30+ prem games a season for the next decade to justify that price tag for a CH ha:lol:

Good coaching will give him the chance to show that he IS a top defender but so far his 'defending' has been overlooked because he's good at passing/joining in. That doesn't, IMO, warrant £55m for that position.

The next Raheem Sterling, showed promise but has many flaws in his game, gets a massive move and he will not fulfill his potential at a team who demand excellence

The next Raheem Sterling, showed promise but has many flaws in his game, gets a massive move and he will not fulfill his potential at a team who demand excellence
Wouldn't be surprised if pep gets the beat out of the pair of them

Stones is quality , with the right coaching he will be fantastic , big Sam said he could make a defender out of him

When he first came on the scene at Everton I thought he was really impressive. Like their star man at times. Seems to have tailed off a bit and now he's going to City's bench how much will he keep improving? He'll be set for life now and he can just sit for the next 4/5 years collecting millions. Look at Rodwell for a perfect example.

To be fair if he plays regularly he could still go on and be a class CB for City and for England.

Trust Oneill to not pay £3m for him and sign NDaiye and Kader Mangane on loan instead like. Wouldn't mind £55m in now

Last edited:
When he first came on the scene at Everton I thought he was really impressive. Like their star man at times. Seems to have tailed off a bit and now he's going to City's bench how much will he keep improving? He'll be set for life now and he can just sit for the next 4/5 years collecting millions. Look at Rodwell for a perfect example.

To be fair if he plays regularly he could still go on and be a class CB for City and for England.

Trust Oneill to not pay £3m for him and sign NDaiye and Kader Mangane on loan instead like. Wouldn't mind £55m in now

He will be a starter at City, even they wouldn't spend £55m on a back up player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back