John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

stones is far from shit but is that a world record for a defender, who couldn't get in the england team?

the lad has obvious ability but 55 million. Financial fair play alive and well again.

Still young for a CB and it's his decision making that needs to improve which will come with experience. CB's who can bring the ball out of defence and play a decent ball in are rare, Stones has most of the attributes but needs to learn when to play football and when to just defend. It's not a lack of ability it's experience and composure he needs, not talent. He'll be excellent once it clicks.

Still young for a CB and it's his decision making that needs to improve which will come with experience. CB's who can bring the ball out of defence and play a decent ball in are rare, Stones has most of the attributes but needs to learn when to play football and when to just defend. It's not a lack of ability it's experience and composure he needs, not talent. He'll be excellent once it clicks.
Rio, for example, could defend. As well as play from the back

I'm yet to see Stones defend

It'll be £40 million plus bonus payments if a deal gets done. There are also reports that Everton want to spend £35m of it on Sissoko.

To be fair he has an incredible amount of potential, could be class in a few years.

I'd blame Everton's defensive disaster last season more on Martinez's inability to organise a defence, rather than John Stones.

Mr puffed up my the press average
I'd say it was the other way around. he was getting a lot of stick last season. He made a lot of mistakes last season, but Everton's defence was a shambles. Not clear to me whether that was the player or the manager. You look at EFC defence and they have some good players: Coleman, Baines, Jagielka and Stones so I suspect the coaching is a factor

I'd say it was the other way around. he was getting a lot of stick last season. He made a lot of mistakes last season, but Everton's defence was a shambles. Not clear to me whether that was the player or the manager. You look at EFC defence and they have some good players: Coleman, Baines, Jagielka and Stones so I suspect the coaching is a factor
That line up had been solid at one point, not sure what the manager told them but they got worse and worse...but then so did the entire team under Martinez

£55 million to citeh
Remember when Keano went to buy him
Don't think it was Keane. Oneill?
But add to that list
Van Dyke we thought 2.75m was too much when he went to Celtic
Byram probably another player down the list.
Hopefully those days are over. And even if we're a stepping stone club for a while we actually start making money in the transfer market.

:lol::lol::lol:

Everton must be laughing their tits off, 55mill for someone who was a big part of one of the worst defences in Europe.
It's funny that Coleman, Baines, Jagielka and Stones are so highly rated and yet Everton have been consistently shite defensively for yonks. Martinez completely useless or are they all overrated? Or is Moyes just that good? :)

I think he's a fantastic player that was hung out to dry by Martinez's tactics and inability to set up a defence.

In the right team and under the right coaching I think he could be one of the best in the world. Unfortunately I actually think Koeman may have been better for him in that respect than Guardiola.

I hope Moyes picks up a couple of players that make us £50m odd profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back