is n'dong being judged more harshly than the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
N'Dong is a link up player...similar to what Kanté does or did for Leicester City last year, picking up the ball and moving it on and being available to have it back and move it on again..whether he can score goals or put the tackle in which I dont think he is that type of player
Similar to kante?
Yeah he's african and ..... well he's african innit.

Not at all, they're all culpable and receiving well deserved stick. I just don't think he's much cop, yes he's young and new to the league but I just don't know what kind of player he is.
He's not a defensive midfielder as gets turned too easily and people go past him, he's not attacking as can't carry the ball and doesn't get into the box. He just seems keen and energetic to me.
Plucky is a good adjective for him

"Use capitals for proper nouns. In other words, capitalize the names of people, specific places, and things. For example: We don't capitalize the word "bridge" unless it starts a sentence, but we must capitalize Brooklyn Bridge because it is the name of a specific bridge."

You've gone to the bother to criticise the grammatical inaccuracies of a post, yet used the non-conventional spelling of 'capitalized' in a quote. Pretty pathetic really, to highlight grammar when you can't spell correctly yourself.

I think he would be decent in midfield if he wasn't having to do the work of 3 people. With Kirchhoff and Catts in there with him he would possibly be a completely different player.
His best performance of the season was away at Spurs when playing with Kirchoff and Catts.
His passing was notable that day. He looked terrified to keep the ball for longer than 2 seconds on Saturday.

To be honest I judge him more harshly because of the clip of his hair.
If your going to sport a barnet like that you better be putting in top drawer performances to get away with it.

because he is the club's record signing?? haway the lad cant help having the price tag on his heed give him a break

He's not a goal scorer. He's an average defensive midfielder we didn't need when we could have got a better one for £6 million less.

He probably gets stuck for being the wrong player we didn't need at a time we desperately needed other player we didn't get.

This. Nacer Chadli cost less and is the one winning points for West Brom. He's exactly what we were missing which or course, we didn't get.

Oh you mean we should have signed a winger or a goal threat instead of a defensive midfielder.

Amazing how we all knew this except for f***ing Moyes!

Last edited:
Yes.

Who does have to support him in midfield?
Judged by idiots.

Yes I agree.Poor lad prolly too scared to get forward in case leaves the defence even more open than it is now.Or been told not to go too far forward.Get some support around him and I think we will see canny player.As said above he doesnt hide and got good engine.

I keep hoping he will turn into a beast but he hasn't shown much so far.

Clutching at straws, but he must have a heck of a lot of potential for the club to balk at paying for M'Vila to buy this lad at almost x3 the price and make him the record signing.

You are clutching at sanity. Doesnt work that way with us.

He needs to be judged when he has a proper midfield around him.

He has been OK for me so far but just cos he cost £13m doesn't mean he can magically be brilliant bearing in mind he is playing alongside Rodwell.

N'Dong is a link up player...similar to what Kanté does or did for Leicester City last year, picking up the ball and moving it on and being available to have it back and move it on again..whether he can score goals or put the tackle in which I dont think he is that type of player
He's nothing like Kante he can't tackle and his energy is shocking.

He's more like Liam bridcutt or colback and I'd rather have both of them back.

He's nothing like Kante he can't tackle and his energy is shocking.

He's more like Liam bridcutt or colback and I'd rather have both of them back.
Kante may have been the wrong player to compare him with but there is a good player there ...he is a better link up player than Rodwell.

because he is the club's record signing?? haway the lad cant help having the price tag on his heed give him a break

Last season we'd probably have only paid 6m for him. It's a crazy transfer market now, with all of the stupid money sloshing around...

Craig Gordon was one of the best keepers I've seen at SAFC in my life time and the stick he got was unjustified.

Jack Rodwell takes even more flack than before despite being nowhere near our worst performer this season.

Ndong was a class above anything on the pitch in the QPR game and has looked bright at times while adjusting to a new league. Still gets roundly abused despite here little over 2 months.

I wonder what all 3 have in common?

If he cost a few million then it would be OK, the money he cost you expect to see more from him on the odd occasions, he isn't really showing it.

I'm struggling to see what justified that kind of money tbh. Along with his hair, his heading ability does add some comedic value, you might aswell spin a bottle to see what direction it will go in. Plenty of time yet and needs to settle more, but need to see a lot more from him to justify anywhere near that price tag.

McNair looked alright at Manu with better players around him, here he looks like he is running through treacle but does have a pass on him.

the lads not that bad, however he's not that good either, we've let players like him go for free in the past...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back