is n'dong being judged more harshly than the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

I keep hoping he will turn into a beast but he hasn't shown much so far.

Clutching at straws, but he must have a heck of a lot of potential for the club to balk at paying for M'Vila to buy this lad at almost x3 the price and make him the record signing.

Even if he becomes a success story in his own right, does anyone think for one second with our track record that we will recoup the transfer fee paid for him?

I don't.

Reactions: Dsb
N'Dong is a link up player...similar to what Kanté does or did for Leicester City last year, picking up the ball and moving it on and being available to have it back and move it on again..whether he can score goals or put the tackle in which I dont think he is that type of player

I think he would be decent in midfield if he wasn't having to do the work of 3 people. With Kirchhoff and Catts in there with him he would possibly be a completely different player. I like that he doesn't go missing in games, he has one hell of an engine and is the only one of our current central midfielders who are fit who will actually try a through ball, even if they aren't coming off as much as any of us would want them too.

Single out ndong maybe because of the price but he must be looking about and thinking wtf as well... very few of that squad are not manning up or are incapable of the fight we're in..

because he is the club's record signing?? haway the lad cant help having the price tag on his heed give him a break
"Use capitals for proper nouns. In other words, capitalize the names of people, specific places, and things. For example: We don't capitalize the word "bridge" unless it starts a sentence, but we must capitalize Brooklyn Bridge because it is the name of a specific bridge."

He would be a good player to keep things ticking over in midfield if he had more creative outlets and the likes of M'Vila, Catts and the choff helping out

If a player cost's £13 million i'd be expecting him to do far than he's currently doing, it's easy make excuses but at the end of the day it's not like we signed a chap from League 1 for £500,000.

N'Dong would of course benefit with better players around him, but with his price tag he should be in essence the one making things happen.

If he was playing just half decent then he'd be standing out as a world beater amongst the rest of our lot.

He's played beyond rubbish the last 2 games

Good player, although in typical Sunderland fashion we've signed a player we didn't need.

Playing next to Cattermole, Kirchhoff or M'Vila would make a big difference but at the minute, he's surrounded by a sea of shite.

Can't be easy for him, moving to a new country, better standard of league, playing in a shit team. I think he will look better as time goes on, just hope it isn't too late

Aye probably. It's quite natural to judge on a transfer fee, though not necessarily fair to do so

Still far too early to judge him tbh (despite him getting right on my tits the last couple of games)

Not at all, they're all culpable and receiving well deserved stick. I just don't think he's much cop, yes he's young and new to the league but I just don't know what kind of player he is.
He's not a defensive midfielder as gets turned too easily and people go past him, he's not attacking as can't carry the ball and doesn't get into the box. He just seems keen and energetic to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back