Is it time to split the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I rarely really post on here, mostly lurk every day.

Is it time to split the PF forum? Don't care about the titles but maybe: pragmatists/fantasists; happy clappers/bed-wetters and so on (fannies/fannies could work for both opposing sides, but not much help here).

When I need cheering up, I can view the bed-wetter forum, when I want to read a serious post or ask a question, the other. We need them both, but would rather choose when I speak to all the nutters

Serious question.
What with you being a nutter i can see how you would relate with them.

Is it time to split the PF forum? Don't care about the titles but maybe: pragmatists/fantasists; happy clappers/bed-wetters and so on (fannies/fannies could work for both opposing sides, but not much help here).

When I need cheering up, I can view the bed-wetter forum, when I want to read a serious post or ask a question, the other. We need them both, but would rather choose when I speak to all the nutters

Serious question.
how is besetting as you call it not serious, or is I call concern that the club is in deep shit?.

It's the same old and it always follows the sequence below:

1. July 1st - The transfer window has just opened, we have got loads of times to make signings;
2. There are still 6 weeks left before the transfer window closes!;
3. What more do you want? We've already signed <insert the names of two average additions/squad fillers>;
4. The season has just started, yes we haven't brought in the right players but there is still 3 weeks before the window closes;
5. There's more than enough time to sign players, there is one week to go, remember when Keane joined us? He signed six players in a day!;
6. The transfer window closes and the squad is still looking decidedly weak - I'm happy with the signings we've made, yes we're on the light side but we have more than enough to avoid the drop and we will strengthen in January which is not long away;
7. The January window opens, we're in a relegation battle and no signing is ready to sign on the dotted line - there is 4 weeks to go until the window closes man!

Ad infinitum.
Yeah mate the same old. In the decades I've been in the crowd walking away from Roker Park or the SoL after matches I've never been more than 6 feet from, sometimes in the same group as, some loudmouth saying how shite we are, who wants chasing/shooting, how the board are clueless, whatever. Almost every time except for those rare big wins. As a kid I thought I must be missing something but I soon learned the loud mouths knew nowt and were as likely to be full of shit as everyone else, just bleating on louder and longer. Then Internet forums were invented and they are in their element. They just love moaning, and being right every now and then, which is inevitable, just keeps them going. Happy clappers, on the other hand, even though they know there are problems, don't often start threads just to say how great everything is, they mainly respond to the sometimes ridiculous negativity that gets thrown out day after day as fact.

Serious question.
I bet you visit other people's houses, and start moving the furniture around anarl.

Thanks. It's ridiculous that you find it ridiculous: you know it's just one post on a forum, right?

It was based, only half tongue in cheek, after seeing repeated threads where people keep asking the same question about investment, but refusing to listen to those posters (not me) who have an understanding of it, because they just don't want to believe it.

I've been on here for 10 years, and visit pretty much every day. Don't contribute much, mostly I just like to read. Stubber thinks that has no value, or at least, doesn't entitle me to an opinion.

Thing is, all of these people who lurk like me make up part of the total reach of the site, which is pretty much the only thing that advertisers, affiliates or ad search networks like Google care about.

Maybe it was a shit idea. I'm not that precious about it. Calling it ridiculous is the kind of response on most threads that stop me being arsed to post, an opinion with no reason or alternative. Well done.

And there's the irony. Maybe so much shit gets posted so people can get access to a forum without all the shit.

Why not make the Strikers forum available to Contributors? I'd happily pay.
You have equal value whether you make a first post, or if you make a zillionth post. If you've just joined or, if you have serial identities or, if you've hung around the board since Adam was a lad, like a fart in a spacesuit. The last one's me. :)

But if you make a ridiculous suggestion you can be sure someone will call you out. If you've truly been around for a decade you must know that, already? I discovered it after 15 minutes, back in 1146.

Last edited:

Serious question.

Member since 2007

137 posts

Go fcuk yersell you waster.

You have equal value, if you make a first post, or if you make a zillionth post. If you've just joined or, if you have serial identities or, if you've hung around the board since Adam was a lad, like a fart in a spacesuit. The last one's me. :)

But if you make a ridiculous suggestion you can be sure someone will call you out. If you've truly been around for a decade you must know that, already? I discovered it after 15 minutes, back in 1146.

You can't argue with the masses, I thought it was an idea worth exploring - clearly I'm in a class of one. No harm.

I'm as fed up as the next supporter, but to call for Short or Moyes out already, criticise young lads who need support and so on can be a bit much sometimes (all the time)?

I don't want to stop reading the forum: there are some really excellent posters...

You can't argue with the masses, I thought it was an idea worth exploring - clearly I'm in a class of one. No harm.

I'm as fed up as the next supporter, but to call for Short or Moyes out already, criticise young lads who need support and so on can be a bit much sometimes (all the time)?

I don't want to stop reading the forum: there are some really excellent posters...
Moyes in/out/shake it all about...each to their own. My view is: he's not been in the door five minutes! No two folk will agree completely on any one thing. It's the wonder of free speech, but the idea of segregating people on the basis of their views is bizarre.

Caveat: those who stir up violence, like race hate loonies eg DO need segregating but we have prisons for that. ;)

I gave up on PF a long time ago. If I want safe news I'd rather google it than wade through the pap on there.
It would be OK if, after the match, there was one thread discussing it, but instead we have 20 different ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back