Is it time to split the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even realise you were back marra. A legend of the forum.

The OP is ridiculous though.

Thanks. It's ridiculous that you find it ridiculous: you know it's just one post on a forum, right?

It was based, only half tongue in cheek, after seeing repeated threads where people keep asking the same question about investment, but refusing to listen to those posters (not me) who have an understanding of it, because they just don't want to believe it.

I've been on here for 10 years, and visit pretty much every day. Don't contribute much, mostly I just like to read. Stubber thinks that has no value, or at least, doesn't entitle me to an opinion.

Thing is, all of these people who lurk like me make up part of the total reach of the site, which is pretty much the only thing that advertisers, affiliates or ad search networks like Google care about.

Maybe it was a shit idea. I'm not that precious about it. Calling it ridiculous is the kind of response on most threads that stop me being arsed to post, an opinion with no reason or alternative. Well done.

No need. There's already the striker's forum.

And there's the irony. Maybe so much shit gets posted so people can get access to a forum without all the shit.

Why not make the Strikers forum available to Contributors? I'd happily pay.

Last edited:

Thanks. It's ridiculous that you find it ridiculous: you know it's just one post on a forum, right?

It was based, only half tongue in cheek, after seeing repeated threads where people keep asking the same question about investment, but refusing to listen to those posters (not me) who have an understanding of it, because they just don't want to believe it.

I've been on here for 10 years, and visit pretty much every day. Don't contribute much, mostly I just like to read. Stubber thinks that has no value, or at least, doesn't entitle me to an opinion.

Thing is, all of these people who lurk like me make up part of the total reach of the site, which is pretty much the only thing that advertisers, affiliates or ad search networks like Google care about.

Maybe it was a shit idea. I'm not that precious about it. Calling it ridiculous is the kind of response on most threads that stop me being arsed to post, an opinion with no reason or alternative. Well done.

And there's the irony. Maybe so much shit gets posted so people can get access to a forum without all the shit.

Why not make the Strikers forum available to Contributors? I'd happily pay.
Calm down mate aha.

Yes, I realise that. Hence IS it time to split the forum, not IT IS time to split the forum.

Are ideas not allowed unless I have risen to you heights?

Interesting...

A defiant demand to be heard even in the face of alternative views, in a post stating that differing viewpoints must be banished.

Interesting...

A defiant demand to be heard even in the face of alternative views, in a post stating that differing viewpoints must be banished.

Jesus. It was a question, not demand.

And not I wasn't looking to banish alternative viewpoints, just segregate me away from the noise generated by people I'm clearly superior to.

There's a dozen relentless 'bed wetters' who'd moan that we only won the PL title because someone else lost their last game by surprise.

They're so obviously miserable they stand out a mile and can be ignored if you like.

It's the same old and it always follows the sequence below:

1. July 1st - The transfer window has just opened, we have got loads of times to make signings;
2. There are still 6 weeks left before the transfer window closes!;
3. What more do you want? We've already signed <insert the names of two average additions/squad fillers>;
4. The season has just started, yes we haven't brought in the right players but there is still 3 weeks before the window closes;
5. There's more than enough time to sign players, there is one week to go, remember when Keane joined us? He signed six players in a day!;
6. The transfer window closes and the squad is still looking decidedly weak - I'm happy with the signings we've made, yes we're on the light side but we have more than enough to avoid the drop and we will strengthen in January which is not long away;
7. The January window opens, we're in a relegation battle and no signing is ready to sign on the dotted line - there is 4 weeks to go until the window closes man!

Ad infinitum.
Wrong thread marra this thread is about should we split the board, try and keep up man

We've already got the strikers forum for the realistic and considered debate man, this one is just for a laugh - we're currently playing "who can make everyone feel like topping themselves" - short and Moyes are winning at the moment ;)
Mint, but actually the board is doing well own its own

Jesus. It was a question, not demand.

And not I wasn't looking to banish alternative viewpoints, just segregate me away from the noise generated by people I'm clearly superior to.
Bet you're glad you started this OP, if you stick to your guns and keep insulting the board from time to time this could go gerld

Last edited:
I rarely really post on here, mostly lurk every day.

Is it time to split the PF forum? Don't care about the titles but maybe: pragmatists/fantasists; happy clappers/bed-wetters and so on (fannies/fannies could work for both opposing sides, but not much help here).

When I need cheering up, I can view the bed-wetter forum, when I want to read a serious post or ask a question, the other. We need them both, but would rather choose when I speak to all the nutters

Serious question.
If you only lurk you don't get an opinion.

I rarely really post on here, mostly lurk every day.

Is it time to split the PF forum? Don't care about the titles but maybe: pragmatists/fantasists; happy clappers/bed-wetters and so on (fannies/fannies could work for both opposing sides, but not much help here).

When I need cheering up, I can view the bed-wetter forum, when I want to read a serious post or ask a question, the other. We need them both, but would rather choose when I speak to all the nutters

Serious question.

Welcome back Des, it's been a long time. (5 hours 20m precisely)

It would be a bit quiet on the balanced view/non knee-jerker side...

I found Des now mate. He's the OP.

It's the same old and it always follows the sequence below:

1. July 1st - The transfer window has just opened, we have got loads of times to make signings;
2. There are still 6 weeks left before the transfer window closes!;
3. What more do you want? We've already signed <insert the names of two average additions/squad fillers>;
4. The season has just started, yes we haven't brought in the right players but there is still 3 weeks before the window closes;
5. There's more than enough time to sign players, there is one week to go, remember when Keane joined us? He signed six players in a day!;
6. The transfer window closes and the squad is still looking decidedly weak - I'm happy with the signings we've made, yes we're on the light side but we have more than enough to avoid the drop and we will strengthen in January which is not long away;
7. The January window opens, we're in a relegation battle and no signing is ready to sign on the dotted line - there is 4 weeks to go until the window closes man!

Ad infinitum.

So they have been right for the last 4 years then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back