If Wickham and Gomez start the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not whilst Wickhams contract talks are ongoing. Has he even been subbed off this season? Managed to stay on the left for a full 90 with our winger going on centre mid last time out :lol:
I know thats what I'd go with like. Gus probably won't though unfortunately

We have.
Wickham was decent in his 2 games prior to last weekend mind.
This. He was one of our best performers against Swansea and Stoke and looked like he was really getting to grips with that role.

The op has an agenda against wickham. Daventry has one against poyet. It's embarrassing.

If only we had another 10 like him :lol:

on £70k a week and loving our club

Christ what's your problem with him? Musta knicked your lass or something.

Anar he hasn't been the greatest investment and probably isn't signing a new deal but he deserves to be judged fairly.

Christ what's your problem with him? Musta knicked your lass or something.

Anar he hasn't been the greatest investment and probably isn't signing a new deal but he deserves to be judged fairly.

Connor wickham is not a left midfielder

He is inferior to Fletcher in every aspect of the game apart from maybe sprinting

So he should not be in the starting 11

Connor wickham is not a left midfielder

He is inferior to Fletcher in every aspect of the game apart from maybe sprinting

So he should not be in the starting 11

I wouldn't play him at all until his contract is sorted out tbf.

He shouldn't be on the left, especially when he's been ahead of Johnson last 2 games and then it's 6 and 2/3s between him and Fletcher upfront.

I can't see why you won't give Wickham any credit at all though. I don't rate him(or Fletcher for that matter) but can give them credit where credits due.

You must have missed stoke and Swansea. He played well.
No I was at both games mate.

The Swansea game he battled and done a shift (as the cool kids say now). The Stoke game I thought he came in a lot from the wing and got involved. If he plays wide tomorrow he's more than likely gonna be instructed to track a full back which will make him more rigid. That's the bit I find uncomfortable, Wickham tracking back to be part of a defensive unit. It's a waste of a shirt and a players talent imo.

They were all shit against Southampton, every single one of the fuckers.

Against Stoke, Wickham was good. Scored and his assist for Fletcher was f***ing class, what a run that was. Whether I want him on the wing for the season... different question, when we have everyone fit, I think I'd rather have Wickham & Fletcher contesting for a place up front with Giaccherini, Alvarez, Johnson, Buckley, Mavrias going for the wide positions.

Gomez does have a bit about him.., he tries to play a forward pass, he's capable of creating chances. But maybe he'd be better as an impact sub, his defensive work is limited.

Not bothered about Wickham but want Gomez to start. I still say he will prove to be a damn good signing. Give the lad a chance, he's hardly had a run has he

If he persists with wickham on the wing, then aye I will question poyet tbh. Gomez seems to be the main scapegoat from last week, for some reason. Fwiw, I would go seb, rodwell, cattermole, gomez and johnson across the middle and fletcher up front. Whoever we play, we're not going to be creating chance after chance. Back to basics for me and be hard to beat first.

I agree with all of this.

Wickham on the wing is one of the most uncomfortable scenarios I've seen watching the lads. It makes me squirm in my seat (when I'm not standing up)
cant understand why he plays him there , it didnt work last season and it surely isnt working this , Poyet needs to start helping himself

Again, absolutely a valid point. Don't know why our most creative player is not getting ahead of a one trick pony.
Poyet trying to show who is boss presumably , alienating players will backfire lets hope its not another repeat of last week today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back