If SAFC had answered the phone to mvila

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we are 100% guaranteed to sign him in Jan, fair enough. If not, it's absolute f***ing lunacy.

I suspect the latter is true as pre contracts are usually announced but whatever, I'll reserve judgement :rolleyes:

Here to hoping it's his club and not us as his reason for heartbreak and it's his bad English that's got mixed up...that or we know we are getting him January anyway...maybes there's the hope his club will cut their loses and mutually terminate the contract considering they aren't getting any money for him and he will be basically getting paid to wait to sign for us...could backfire on them...

this like on 100k per week isn't he? 1.6m in wages down the swanny for them, hopefully agree to tear up his contract and we can snap him up for free. hopefully..

Just can't see any reason for the club not to announce it, their silence to me suggests that there's nothing set in stone. They might think he's coming in January but his message didn't sound like someone who simply has to wait a few months, that message, coupled with silence from the club, bodes very badly imo
Regrettably I agree with you here

Question the club all you like. However calling it a dark day for SAFC is a tad, sorry massively, melodramatic
The lack of attacking options we have left ourselves with I think it is the first of many. I really hope I am wrong but if in true Sunderland style Defoe gets injured, then I cannot see us surviving. Be a dark day to be relegated, I feel we have took a big step towards it with this summers dealings.

Just can't see any reason for the club not to announce it, their silence to me suggests that there's nothing set in stone. They might think he's coming in January but his message didn't sound like someone who simply has to wait a few months, that message, coupled with silence from the club, bodes very badly imo
Definitely sounds like there's been a breakdown of communication and should have been keeping Yann in the loop but they were never going to pay 7 million for 4 months on the wages he would want. Let's hope he still wants to come in January.

Its
not sure what he would be calling us to say like? "rubin kazan have just said you can have us for free like" hardly, bit odd.

Its his way of trying to put the club to shame,his agent probably told him to say that. If we'd agreed a fee i dont think the sticking point would be our phone signal seeing as though we have been chasing him all summer

He can't have signed a pre contract with us, nothing suggests that he has. If he had, why wouldn't we announce it? There would be nothing to stop the club announcing he's signed a pre contract which leads me to think we've probably just fucked up and won't be getting him back

Sky have said he has mind although they may be wrong.

f***ing disgusting way to treat someone, particularly the best midfielder we've had in years.
Not even Sunderland could invite the player over to sign him and then ignore his calls. Surely there would be arrangements made before he travelled. Who was he to meet? Where ? When? I dont buy this guff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back