I was never really a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock,Funk, Soul, Pop uniquely brilliant his music never dates and loved across all genres - probably one of the best live gigs been to. Love this from the Hall of Fame too, also like this performance of an oldie

He was class in this.. changed my opinion of him as a guitarist in minutes, then changed my opinion of him as a musician overall. class

Apparently when his first manager heard his demo tape he was looking forward to meeting the band.............

It was Prince playing all instruments and singing lead and all 3 backing vocals at different pitches!!

but he certainly nailed this fucker.
Done on a cheap Hohner tele copy. It's incredible. I was in the company of Graham Coxon from Blur many years ago and we obviously got talking about guitars and guitarists. He told me Prince was the best guitar player in the world, I thought he was taking the piss.

Apparently when his first manager heard his demo tape he was looking forward to meeting the band.............

It was Prince playing all instruments and singing lead and all 3 backing vocals at different pitches!!
First album written, arranged, performed, engineered and produced by Prince. At the age of seventeen!

I'll let you into a little secret.... Marc Mann, the bloke who plays the first solo, i.e., the harrison solo, wasn't supposed to. That was supposed to be Prince's solo. That pissed him off a bit, hence the cock blistering event in the coda.

I thought he was a manufactured pop star until I saw a gig on bbc back in the 90s. I was astonished. He's as good as anyone and I hate fret wankers. It's a canny line up mind... Lynne, Petty, Prince, Winwood, prob Keltner on drums.

Always top notch solos ...a big Hendrix influence and a crying shame to see his slow demise from popularity in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back