I normally stick 25 quid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once won just under £500 by backing Wimbledon to beat us 1-0 at Selhurst park to send us down.

It wasn't a bookie bet, it was a season long competition where you had to predict the result of 15 games, they had weekly prizes plus a season long prize for 1st 2nd and 3rd. It was 1 point for a correct result and 3 for a correct score. I was in the running going into the final week, so put 1-0 Wimbledon thinking if that one's wrong I will be happy anyway. That was the only correct score I got that week and it was enough to get me 2nd place overall and win the cash.

I would rather have lost. I was living in London at the time and was at the game and never gave it a second thought till about the Tuesday when I was informed I had won. It paid for my season ticket the following year.

Last edited:

Fuck it had 4 cans of tyske tonight 25 notes gone on the lads at 2/1

Wimbledon better f***ing lose

No problem mate - they've already qualified for play offs, so their reserves are playing tomorrow - should have stuck it on a Newport away win ??!!

I once won just under £500 by backing Wimbledon to beat us 1-0 at Selhurst park to send us down.

It wasn't a bookie bet, it was a season long competition where you had to predict the result of 15 games, they had weekly prizes plus a season long prize for 1st 2nd and 3rd. It was 1 point for a correct result and 3 for a correct score. I was in the running going into the final week, so put 1-0 Wimbledon thinking if that one's wrong I will be happy anyway. That was the only correct score I got that week and it was enough to get me 2nd place overall and win the cash.

I would rather have lost. I was living in London at the time and was at the game and never gave it a second thought till about the Tuesday when I was informed I had won. It paid for my season ticket the following year.
I always back against us to ease the pain of defeat .

Lots of people including the bookies see it as a foregone conclusion that the mags win tomorrow. They're favourites but it's far from certain IMO, 9/2 at home for villa is massive.

They looked better last week and don't want to break the all time club record of consecutive games lost. Plus the mags have been consistently dreadful away.
How do the bookies see it as a foregone conclusion? They give odds on the 3 possible outcomes of the match.

Odds are shite this weekend, any sign of a team with something to play for against a team who's season is over and the odds have been absolutely hammered already.

Sevilla and Villarreal are both odds against at home to teams in the bottom part of the table, both should win.

Odds are shite this weekend, any sign of a team with something to play for against a team who's season is over and the odds have been absolutely hammered already.

Sevilla and Villarreal are both odds against at home to teams in the bottom part of the table, both should win.
Norwich won't lose

Hull and Derby can't do anything other than play each other in the play offs, wonder if they will field weaker teams not wanting injuries.
May be some value in taking draws if they do.

I've got £120 on the mags at 8/11 (backed very early in the week when price was better) wins then meh win a bit. Lose and happy f***ing days. Had £60 on them at evens last week which I thought was excellent value, obviously wanted it to lose
You must have money to f***ing burn. You'd be happy pissing away 120 quid?

We have Everton at home so don't get the panic

They've got the same fixtures as us but in reverse so if they're level on points with us it's a bit of a worry.

Everton have lost eight home games but only three away. Would rather be playing them at Goodison & Watford at home than what we've got.

They've got the same fixtures as us but in reverse so if they're level on points with us it's a bit of a worry.

Everton have lost eight home games but only three away. Would rather be playing them at Goodison & Watford at home than what we've got.
It's also a worry to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back