I had a pint with an old Sunderland player....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a pint and a chat with an older fella at a family party on Saturday night in Formby.

The fella was called Alan Spence, he told me he played for you lot and in a game with Charlie Hurley against Juventus, he said it was a friendly to celebrate the club having floodlights. He only played a few games before moving on.....Sunderland wanted him to sign but his father wouldn't let him until he had finished his education to become a teacher.....

He was a local lad from Seaham, who now supports Liverpool but obviously still looks out for you lot.

Anyone remember seeing him play???

look at me look at me!! I had a pint with a ex player.... pathetic

Just playing man

Had a pint and a chat with an older fella at a family party on Saturday night in Formby.

The fella was called Alan Spence, he told me he played for you lot and in a game with Charlie Hurley against Juventus, he said it was a friendly to celebrate the club having floodlights. He only played a few games before moving on.....Sunderland wanted him to sign but his father wouldn't let him until he had finished his education to become a teacher.....

He was a local lad from Seaham, who now supports Liverpool but obviously still looks out for you lot.

Never heard of him, but I like the cut of his jib

He mentioned that John Charles played for Juve, and some lad that was the worlds most expensive player at the time scored all the goals for Juve, can't remember who he said it was

I hope you told him he is a twat, everyone from the harbour supported the lads then

I recall the lad but cant recall his playing,albeit just a couple of games. That could be down to my memory though !

He mentioned that John Charles played for Juve, and some lad that was the worlds most expensive player at the time scored all the goals for Juve, can't remember who he said it was
He was called sivori or summit like that. Argentine iirc.

I recall the lad but cant recall his playing,albeit just a couple of games. That could be down to my memory though !
I collect images of safc players and have a few of spence. I'll post a couple when I'm next on my PC.

He's a relative on my mams side of the family, got me tickets for the semi against arsenal at Hillsbrough in 73. Haven't seen him in a long time though. His dad was the chief inspector of police at Seaham at one time, Billy Spence.

He's a relative on my mams side of the family, got me tickets for the semi against arsenal at Hillsbrough in 73. Haven't seen him in a long time though. His dad was the chief inspector of police at Seaham at one time, Billy Spence.

He's a canny bloke mate, had some good stories of growing up and playing for Sunderland.....

Sounds like a cunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back