Hull City

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have an enormous chip on your shoulder when it comes to SAFC. This weird obsession you have with telling us how inconsequential we are as a football club would be amusing if you weren't a Middlesbrough supporter. Boro are quite possibly the most nondescript and boring club around.

Like someone else in this thread pointed out, you have put words in my mouth. I never said (or have ever said) that Sunderland deserves a place in the top flight because of our history or fan base. I don't think any Sunderland fan would or could deny that should we have been relegated over the past few years it wouldn't have been deserved given the way the club has been run. I am full of admiration for smaller clubs such as Stoke, Southampton and especially Leicester who have come into the Premier League over the past several seasons and acquitted themselves far better than we have. I would never argue that we deserve to be outperforming those clubs, nor would any other sane person.

Nevertheless I count myself extremely fortunate to be a supporter of such a wonderful storied club, a club which is recognised nationally for its magnificently passionate and vast support. Middlesbrough and its support are an afterthought - "Just another club" like the Hull's and Bournemouth's of this world. You probably think that makes me sound arrogant but quite frankly my good sir, I couldn't give a shit.

I really didn't understand what 'support' and 'passion' was all about until I went to my first Sunderland game at Roker Park in 1960. I had never witnessed anything like it. I resided there permanently until 1967 during which time I was a pass holder and rarely missed a game. I also saw the despair when the team lost. The team was the supporters life and nothing else seemed to matter. You are not being arrogant 'safcrhys', the support that took the team over the line after being 2-1 down to Chelsea showed what 'support' is all about with Chelsea Manager Hiddink stating "With that support it was like playing against 12 men"!

Hull fan on Twitter has told me they're boycotting because of the chairman. Likely story.

Why? He's done alot of good for the club and continued to invest despite getting the name change rejected.

Why? He's done alot of good for the club and continued to invest despite getting the name change rejected.

He's not investing though John. He's said there is no money for players, he wants his money back and the Club is up for sale. He doesn't even attend home games.
I have two sons, two grandsons and a great grandson who are not renewing their season tickets because they almost doubled in price.
He did indeed save the Club from extinction but because he couldn't get his own way he treats the fans with contempt.

He's not investing though John. He's said there is no money for players, he wants his money back and the Club is up for sale. He doesn't even attend home games.
I have two sons, two grandsons and a great grandson who are not renewing their season tickets because they almost doubled in price.
He did indeed save the Club from extinction but because he couldn't get his own way he treats the fans with contempt.

If I might just apologize for my comments regarding Hull City owner, Assem Allam, apparently he is seriously ill and has been for some time which is why he hasn't attended any games.
He is too ill to attend the Play-off Final this weekend.
The Club remains up for sale and there is a serious buyer who is interested but who is probably waiting for the result this week-end.

On another sad note there is also a 12 year old young lady called Megan Pratt who is an avid Hull City supporter currently in intensive care as she battles cancer in hospital. At the 12th minute mark of the game the Hull City fans will be singing a short tribute song for her in an effort to boost her spirits. To their eternal credit, the Sheffield Wednesday fans are spreading the word among their fans to join in with the tribute.
Football fans can be wonderful people when they can forget their difference and unite together for the sake of someone in distress.
Good luck to Megan.

Imagine Burton in the PL. :lol:

I went there for a pre season match last season, Leicester took about 1800 but still had about 40% of the ground. They had standing areas which surprised me and you could easily drive by their ground and miss it as it looks like a warehouse. It's very small but quite smart inside.

The thing is with the money given to PL if they could somehow get promoted to the PL they could be a permanent fixture for the next 50 years. There could come a time when the PL is full of small clubs and the Newcastle's & Villa's are stranded in the Championship for decades as the size of a club becomes much less important to how well a club is run.
Thought you'd been banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back