Hull City

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope Sheffield Wednesday win, because I can't stand the prospect of that having that kernt Bruce back up in the premier league.

f***ing hell, I agree with the notion that if you're there you deserve to be, but the highlighted bit? you're putting words in his mouth and panning him for it.

He said we had "history and tradition", which we do, he never said we "deserve" anything because of the past, or are "special".

Respond to the post man, not your preferred interpretation / prejudice.

Promotion = Huge Chip

Hull City are in turmoil. The owners, Assam and Ehab Allam, derisively known as King Tut and Son, saved the club from extinction but there was an ulterior motive in the deal. They wanted the Council to give them the KC Stadium and the surrounding areas so they could develop it and make millions. When the Council refused they decided to destroy anything Hull CITY and tried to rename the Club "Hull Tigers". The FA soon put a stop to that despite an appeal. King Tut then decided he would build a new stadium outside the City (taking huge trading benefits - as well as the pubs losing out - from the City itself). This again fell through so he threw all his toys out of his pram, spat the dummy and now refuses to attend any matches saying that the Club is up for sale. There is reportedly an interest but who would buy a Club with 100 million owed to King Tut and a Stadium that can only hold 25,000 people and controlled by the Council. Meanwhile, just to rub salt into the wounds, King Tut then decided that Pensioner Concessions would be banished (fans who have supported the Club man and boy and now find themselves in the 'winter of their life' have now got to pay full price). Not only but also, Children unaccompanied will now have to pay FULL ADULT PRICE. Can you imagine this happening at Sunderland? The bloke is a bloody disgrace and love 'em or hate 'em the Hull City fans deserve better than that especially those who stood in the pouring rain and then carried buckets round the ground collecting money to save the club in it's dark days. Sheffield Wednesday are a proud Club with a Stadium capable of holding almost 40,000 and will be a better prospect in the Premier League but neither could 'hold a candle' to the current Sunderland team and will become the Premier League 'kicking boys' next season (imo). Rant over - have a nice day everyone.

Average attendance 22k. That's less than Boro man
think you'll find thats wrong

Northern Echo
2015–16 Football League Championship
Season 2015–16
Highest attendance 33,806 Middlesbrough 1–1 Brighton & Hove Albion (7 May 2016)
Lowest attendance 8,363 Brentford 2–1 Cardiff City (19 April 2016)
Total attendance 9,703,004
Average attendance 17,578

bit less than 22K think you will find thats right:)

Northern Echo
Season 2015–16

That doesn't make any sense

Hull City are in turmoil. The owners, Assam and Ehab Allam, derisively known as King Tut and Son, saved the club from extinction but there was an ulterior motive in the deal. They wanted the Council to give them the KC Stadium and the surrounding areas so they could develop it and make millions. When the Council refused they decided to destroy anything Hull CITY and tried to rename the Club "Hull Tigers". The FA soon put a stop to that despite an appeal. King Tut then decided he would build a new stadium outside the City (taking huge trading benefits - as well as the pubs losing out - from the City itself). This again fell through so he threw all his toys out of his pram, spat the dummy and now refuses to attend any matches saying that the Club is up for sale. There is reportedly an interest but who would buy a Club with 100 million owed to King Tut and a Stadium that can only hold 25,000 people and controlled by the Council. Meanwhile, just to rub salt into the wounds, King Tut then decided that Pensioner Concessions would be banished (fans who have supported the Club man and boy and now find themselves in the 'winter of their life' have now got to pay full price). Not only but also, Children unaccompanied will now have to pay FULL ADULT PRICE. Can you imagine this happening at Sunderland? The bloke is a bloody disgrace and love 'em or hate 'em the Hull City fans deserve better than that especially those who stood in the pouring rain and then carried buckets round the ground collecting money to save the club in it's dark days. Sheffield Wednesday are a proud Club with a Stadium capable of holding almost 40,000 and will be a better prospect in the Premier League but neither could 'hold a candle' to the current Sunderland team and will become the Premier League 'kicking boys' next season (imo). Rant over - have a nice day everyone.

I remember Hull supporters, coming on here, telling us how the club was much better run than Sunderland and 'an example' to us all.

The owners were welcomed with open arms after the promises they made and Hull were supposed to be 'pushing on'.

Northern Echo
Season 2015–16

That is the stats from the Northern Echo, 17.5K season average..

Agreed, it's just something said by fans to make themselves feel better about themselves.

The fact that little Bournemouth can finish ahead of massive Sunderland and Newcastle is what makes English football exciting.

Hopefully "tin pot" Burton Albion come up next year as well

Imagine Burton in the PL. :lol:

I went there for a pre season match last season, Leicester took about 1800 but still had about 40% of the ground. They had standing areas which surprised me and you could easily drive by their ground and miss it as it looks like a warehouse. It's very small but quite smart inside.

The thing is with the money given to PL if they could somehow get promoted to the PL they could be a permanent fixture for the next 50 years. There could come a time when the PL is full of small clubs and the Newcastle's & Villa's are stranded in the Championship for decades as the size of a club becomes much less important to how well a club is run.

Was on a course last week with a couple of hull 'rugger' fans.

Just putting it out there.

Our crowds would be far less with 2 big city rugger teams wouldnt they? Would they? Suppose the skunks manage both.

Imagine Burton in the PL. :lol:

I went there for a pre season match last season, Leicester took about 1800 but still had about 40% of the ground. They had standing areas which surprised me and you could easily drive by their ground and miss it as it looks like a warehouse. It's very small but quite smart inside.

The thing is with the money given to PL if they could somehow get promoted to the PL they could be a permanent fixture for the next 50 years. There could come a time when the PL is full of small clubs and the Newcastle's & Villa's are stranded in the Championship for decades as the size of a club becomes much less important to how well a club is run.

When a tinpot club can finish top of the pile anythings possible marra.

I remember Hull supporters, coming on here, telling us how the club was much better run than Sunderland and 'an example' to us all.

The owners were welcomed with open arms after the promises they made and Hull were supposed to be 'pushing on'.

You get supporters like that in every Club and every message board Reiver. Wind Up Merchants and not to be taken seriously. I can remember when the Hull v Sunderland was a standard opening friendly at the beginning of each season. Although born in Hull and a supporter since the first game after World War 2 I became a 'nailed on' Sunderland supporter when I came to live there in 1960. Fell in love with the place, the people, the football club and the beer and had a free pass for 7 years through a contract the Company I worked for with the Club. Hull City fans have done it hard and came back from extinction twice and have done well to get to the Premier League (something I never thought I would see in my lifetime) but their record over 4 seasons is 17th - Relegated - 16th - Relegated. They'll never attract the quality players needed at top level. The new new owners gave the fans a 'bum steer' and it went pear shaped. I wouldn't like to see Hull City in the Premier League next season, it's no "Promised Land" for little clubs.

I'm laughing (not literally - otherwise my jaws would be aching by now) at this 'We're Sunderland so we're better than all these other clubs because we won a few trophies in a former life and we get big(ish) crowds ' attitude.
Any club that gets promoted into the top flight DESERVES their place in the premier league - be it Hull City , Bournemouth or even (god forbid) even lil' old tinpot Middlesbrough.
Each and every club in the land is a 'proper' club.
You really are nothing special.

You have an enormous chip on your shoulder when it comes to SAFC. This weird obsession you have with telling us how inconsequential we are as a football club would be amusing if you weren't a Middlesbrough supporter. Boro are quite possibly the most nondescript and boring club around.

Like someone else in this thread pointed out, you have put words in my mouth. I never said (or have ever said) that Sunderland deserves a place in the top flight because of our history or fan base. I don't think any Sunderland fan would or could deny that should we have been relegated over the past few years it wouldn't have been deserved given the way the club has been run. I am full of admiration for smaller clubs such as Stoke, Southampton and especially Leicester who have come into the Premier League over the past several seasons and acquitted themselves far better than we have. I would never argue that we deserve to be outperforming those clubs, nor would any other sane person.

Nevertheless I count myself extremely fortunate to be a supporter of such a wonderful storied club, a club which is recognised nationally for its magnificently passionate and vast support. Middlesbrough and its support are an afterthought - "Just another club" like the Hull's and Bournemouth's of this world. You probably think that makes me sound arrogant but quite frankly my good sir, I couldn't give a shit.

Last edited:
I live in Hull.

the natives are up in arms because the club has put up prices for bairn's tickets, which has priced supporters out of the market. This may be blowback from that.

I hope Hull come back up. I'll get to see the Lads and be back in the house for tea. And it will give the city a lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back