How will We get rid of this lot if we don't go down

Status
Not open for further replies.

sessions

Striker
It's the only way we will get rid of this current crop of shite

Catts, Wickham, Fletcher, Buckley, Johnson, Oshea, Brown, Bridcutt,

About 27 million there plus wages to give to the new man to bring us back up and breed a new mentality at the club

Right, because if they are all as shite as you say they are other teams are just going to spunk up loads of cash to take them off our hands. Then we are guaranteed to be able to find replacement players of better quality on lower wages while we are playing in the Championship. It's so simple.

IF we go down (and we won't) and any or all of those players left all except maybe Buckley would be picked up by Premier League teams.

Right, because if they are all as shite as you say they are other teams are just going to spunk up loads of cash to take them off our hands. Then we are guaranteed to be able to find replacement players of better quality on lower wages while we are playing in the Championship. It's so simple.

IF we go down (and we won't) and any or all of those players left all except maybe Buckley would be picked up by Premier League teams.

Did you watch us get destroyed by palace and villa ?

It's a bit of a Catch 22 situation in that it's difficult to get decent premier league players to come here and the seemingly influential players mentioned know that.
Taking a gamble on top Championship players, unfamiliar foreigners and last big pay day merchants who were never mainstays at their previous (albeit big) clubs seems to be a cycle we can't break out of.
McMenemy pulled it off at Southampton but didn't get the same quality of oldie here and times have changed.
Reid did well but his luck ran out and hit the glass ceiling when trying to sign genuine quality.
Then again theres Swansea and Everton??

It's the only way we will get rid of this current crop of shite

Catts, Wickham, Fletcher, Buckley, Johnson, Oshea, Brown, Bridcutt,

About 27 million there plus wages to give to the new man to bring us back up and breed a new mentality at the club

Class idea, then when we lose the other players with any ability who will have relegation clauses or want out: Pants, Defoe, Larsson, Giac, Alvarez

We can rebuild with what we have left: Billy jones, Vergini, Roberge, Van Aanholt, Rodwell, Mavrias. Ba, Gomez, Graham.

Oh and all those quality players we can convince to come to a championship Sunderland.

Can't really see any holes in this idea at all!

Why do people actually believe professional sportsmen don't give a toss about their performance? One thing a professional sportsman has is pride, that's how he gets as high up the tree sa he does. Unfortunately, this is coupled with his performance being linked to confidence. The Southampton game destroyed the team's confidence and since then they have been weak. We might limp over the in a non-relegation place or we might not. I don't know. However, I do know that relegation will not be any good for the club in any shape or form.

Acquire or train players who love football for the right reasons.
Get rid of Business leeches

promote the game - not the business

Here's a thought maybe just maybe don't renew the contracts of the ones we want rid of. We won't though. We renew them for failure

I seem to recall plenty of our players left us for other PL clubs when we have been relegated in the past. And if this 40% wage cut is true they will be queuing out of the door.

I seem to recall plenty of our players left us for other PL clubs when we have been relegated in the past. And if this 40% wage cut is true they will be queuing out of the door.
It's always win win for the players. Got us relegated? Not to worry, I'll just chuck in a transfer request, fuck that playing in the championship malarkey......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back